Stock Suspension w/ RTT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have read some conflicting things on this, have a 2008 GX with stock suspension. Wondering if the CVT Shasta (~125 lbs) would cause the GX to sag to the point of it being an issue? We use it for road trips/camping/fishing etc. so want to be able to be comfortable on long interstate drives to get to our destination. Average load is usually just 2 adults, 2 dogs, camping/fishing gear. I like to think we travel pretty light, but I guess it does all add up. Sorry if this has been asked before, wasn't able to find anything. Called the folks at CVT and they were a little reluctant to say for sure. Would love to hear from some folks with RTT and stock suspension. Thanks!

What do you mean by sag? Stock suspension is airbags so the airbags will bring any additional load weight back to stock ride height even if you were towing a trailer.

Ya, good point, I guess I was just wondering if I would potentially overload the stock suspension with RTT, gear, dogs, etc.

You will be fine if you still have bags. Even without if you have sag with 125lb tent your springs are way soft. I was loaded with a RTT and pulling a full dual axle uhaul trailer across the country and there wasnt any noticable sag.

I have stock suspension currently and a big ol CVT RTT and have no issues

C48D50A9-5768-4363-B280-FCCE70477EB1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom