Special Service Tools - value ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
I came across these offers for some SST. I know SST are rare and expensive, but these levels astonished me.
This one vendor offers ~16 SST, mostly in a price range between 160€ / 300€ up to 750€.

What do the experts think? Are those prices any justified?
Here are some examples. (Any of these links feature a sub-link to all offers of the vendor where one can see all the SST he offers.)

Toyota SST 09628-12011 Remover LWR Ball Joint 160€

Toyota SST 09608-20010 Tool Set, Front Hub & Drive Pinion Bearing 540€ 😮

Toyota Landcruiser SST 09316-60010 Replacer Set, Transmission & Transfer Bearing 750€ 😲

Not affiliated. Just asking for curiosity. And probably somebody is interested ...
Cheers Ralf

the first two are for the front suspension, I have rebuilt mine without any particular sst so wouldn't be interested especially at those prices. Sure if you had lots of spare euros floating about and a really hardcore toyota enthusiast go for it.
The last one just seems a crazy price. But the prices you posted from german buschtaxi expo seemed over the top from downunder here.

Probably the only sst kit I had half an eye out is for pulling the gearbox bearings and cogs for the h55f. I think a guy from pakistan put them on ebay and here, for about $800aud including shipping from memory. I think someone here bought it. Lot of money to me, so hesitant.

Always interesting stuff Felde!

Thanks for your opinion.
I'm under similar impression. Some SST apparently are essential to do a good job, e.g. the gearbox SST.
Some are also somewhat sophisticated machined precision items, which gives some value to it. (e.g the pinion adjustment SST, which obviously is really necessary if you need to redo the shims right, and thus is often ask for)
But some are quite blunt, e.g this ball joint SST. I really don't see that value in this.
The seller also calls out those items to be collectors items. Well ... 🤔 But it certainly contributes to the price.
And no. I don't have €€€ flying around (at lest not for stuff like this) 😅
Have a great day Ralf