Spark Plug Crush Washer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I changed my spark plugs this weekend, a little over 60,000 miles (I know), the plugs looked great. When changing the last plug I realized there was a crush washer in the box with the plugs and then noticed the crush washer on the old plug. I went ahead and put the last plug in without the crush washer just like i had done the rest.

The reason I don't think its that big a deal is that my last vehicle was a 97 Mustang Cobra which had a high compression engine with aluminum heads and didn't use crush washers and I never had any problems and I drove that thing near the rev limit most of the time. I did used anti-seize.

I know they should have the crush washer but do you think it's worth the extra time to go back and put them in now?

Thanks.

I probably would, but I'm anal about doing mechanical things right. What did you torque your plugs to? The torque spec in the Factory Service Manual is for standard plugs with crush washers.

Hate to say it also but I agree with Lee. I know my luck and I try to eliminate as many variables as I can. My luck would be that old crush washer would allow the plug to go deeper into the combustion area, allowing the piston to impact the plug but that is just in my extremely anal and paranoid mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom