Spacer lift Vs. full suspension kit lift… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diff Kraken

SILVER Star
Threads
What do folks think of these types of spacers? I like the idea of keeping the stock suspension but having a bit more clearance for rocks and taller tires.

Is it much better to go with new shocks and springs or would something like this be good to go? Any downsides?

Thanks for any guidance before I go down this path.

E000BBE5-3957-44B5-8742-4CC38A9411B0.png

F3E057CB-AA5B-475E-9481-58BFD7C346D7.jpeg

With spacers you will not get as much droop or compression. The whole idea with a tall suspension is not only taller springs with whatever spring rate you need, but the shocks will have much more travel.
When off roading, you always want ALL 4 of your tires in contact with the ground at all times. If you have shocks with a short travel and you're off camber or dropping a tire in a hole, you'll want that extra travel from after market shocks to ensure that tire is having contact.
But if all you will ever do are fire roads, save the money and do spacers!

With spacers you will not get as much droop or compression. The whole idea with a tall suspension is not only taller springs with whatever spring rate you need, but the shocks will have much more travel.
When off roading, you always want ALL 4 of your tires in contact with the ground at all times. If you have shocks with a short travel and you're off camber or dropping a tire in a hole, you'll want that extra travel from after market shocks to ensure that tire is having contact.
But if all you will ever do are fire roads, save the money and do spacers!

Thank you! This makes a lot of sense. This means I definitely will want a full suspension lift kit as longer travel will be important for the future trips I’ve got planned. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom