Someone should jump on this Texas LX470 low low miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.png

Very nice truck, but without a ton of effort you can get an LX570 with under 100k miles for 30k. I just don't see the value in a 20k+ 100 series, as old as they are getting.

Very nice truck, but without a ton of effort you can get an LX570 with under 100k miles for 30k. I just don't see the value in a 20k+ 100 series, as old as they are getting.

Agree I would like a 2003+ 100 with <100K mile but when I see 100's in the $20's, especially mid/high $20's I think that its not a big step up to a 200. However, I do understand the attraction of 100, better looking than a 200 in my eyes.

< as you can tell from my avatar, I think this would be a great deal for a beautiful truck. I paid a little less than that for the exact same truck, same color, etc. with 72k just 1 month ago. Having lived less than a mile from that dealership for several years, and in fact having BOUGHT a car from them 20 years ago, I'd be willing to bet they'd move on that price. Quite a bit.

See my signature, I've owned both. My 2011 LX570 had less then 30k on it. I like the 100's a lot more then the LX570. Driving a LX570 is like driving a Bentley. Now someday maybe a 200 series LC lifted with 34" AT's, but the 100 will still be better looking.

Apples and oranges. That LX470 really represents the pinnacle of the 100 Series - very low miles, '06/07 (VVTi, LEDs, etc), SW rust-free truck. To get an LX570 with under 75,000 miles, you're going to be well north of $35,000 - an possibly over $40,000

And ^that^ assumes the 200 Series is more desirable. It's sort of like the house argument - "Why did you buy that old small house in town, when you could've gotten a much bigger new house further out?" Apples and oranges.

I was the first one to call the dealer on Monday morning before they even listed with price and pics. Look carefully, there are body damage on both sides of this truck by the fenders as well as quarter panel and grille. So for that asking price with body damages, that was a no go for me otherwise I would have grab it already before they listed the price since it is 2 hours away from me. I have more pictures of the truck if someone wants them, PM me your number and I can text it to you.

I was the first one to call the dealer on Monday morning before they even listed with price and pics. Look carefully, there are body damage on both sides of this truck by the fenders as well as quarter panel and grille. So for that asking price with body damages, that was a no go for me otherwise I would have grab it already before they listed the price since it is 2 hours away from me. I have more pictures of the truck if someone wants them, PM me your number and I can text it to you.

So add up the body damage fix and the cost of timing belt water pump and a 60k mile service and make an offer based on this information. Not many low mileage Texas 100 series out there.

Woman driver?
Not cool :eek: Lets keep sexism off this awesome forum, K? I'm a bad-ass woman Land Cruiser driver. We are members too, you know...

Not cool :eek: Lets keep sexism off this awesome forum, K? I'm a bad-ass woman Land Cruiser driver. We are members too, you know...

My experience in life indicates that Women tend to have problems negotiating parking spaces and garage door openings. I'm an old white bad-ass Marine, that's been called every name in the book, shot at shat on and treated badly while defending "our" right of freedom of speech. I suggest if you are unhappy with my comments put me on your do not follow list.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@ranma21 how did the interior look?
Haven't check on it personally. But interior looks very good in pic. By judging on the pics, I think the owner did not take good care of the truck. Left tail lamp is chipped too. That being said, if you can get it for $21-$22 I think is not bad, with some love and $2-$3k work added to it.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
left front and right rear quarter panels look dented. Not sure if paintless can fix. Silver paint is a bitch to color match. That said, interior looks pure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom