Someone got a smoking deal on a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, that's probably not going to end well. Hopefully we'll hear if it actually goes through.

Wow. no kidding.

I know someone who got a rig under market value from a dealer on ebay, but a much cheaper rig. The dealer went through with it gritting their teeth and muttering things, haha

Contracts can be voided for a variety of reasons including mistake/error.

If you were buying a vehicle on ebay and accidentally added an extra digit to your bid, the dealer couldn't enforce your bid (six-figures). In this case it's either a fraudulent listing (obviously not enforceable) or an error. I think it was a listing error and the dealer won't be forced to take a $10k bath, but it may get and deserve some negative feedback.

There's was infamous internet CF a few years back over a guy's winning bid on a new M3 that was like $15k under invoice. It went viral and I think the dealer and the bidder compromised, but only because of the PR nightmare it became. The dealer could have easily prevailed in court.

There's was infamous internet CF a few years back over a guy's winning bid on a new M3 that was like $15k under invoice. It went viral and I think the dealer and the bidder compromised, but only because of the PR nightmare it became. The dealer could have easily prevailed in court.
It was $6k less than their buy-it-now price. About a year later a near-new Challenger got auctioned off for about $12k less than typical value. In both cases, due to negative publicity the sellers agreed to the sale. Like I said, it probably won't end well for the seller if the buyer can get his story out (assuming the seller doesn't honor the sale).

Seems like a reasonable price for a used car that's $30k overpriced to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom