Soggy Dry Lake & Death Valley Runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TemboTusk

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.tembotusk.com

March Off-Road & Camping Trip
Soggy Dry Lake
(Johnson Valley)
March 7th and 8th

(This Weekend!)

General Info: Great trip for all levels, from dry lake bed, dirt roads, sand dunes to ROCKS. On Saturday morning, some Cruisers may be heading to the famous Claw Hammer trail north of the Means Dry Lake and past the giant sand dune. Those not inclined to damage, can watch the experts Crawl the Rocks.

1. Some members will be arriving on Thursday and camping on Soggy Dry Lake off on the left or west side of Bessemer Mine Road. Camping will be approximately one quarter to a half mile onto the lakebed. (Actual camping areas should be approximately south/west edge of the dry lake.) CB Channel: #04. The Bessemer Mine Road is rough, but motor home accessible, the camping area is dry, with no facilities. Bring all the Toys!

2. If you have any questions: socal-tlca-club-news@jle1.com

3. Weather: Should be Perfect! Bring Wood!!

Soggy Dry Lake is in the Lucerne Valley within the Johnson Valley OHV area.
Directions from Orange County:
North I-15 over Cajon Pass
exit Bear Valley Road in Victorville
Head east on Hwy 18 to Lucerne Valley then continue on Hwy 247 for exactly 13 miles
then make a left turn or north onto Bessemer Mine Road/Johnson Valley OHV
Soggy Dry Lake is about four miles in on your left. GPS: 34deg 27.013’ N, 116deg40.907’W

Click on the following link for driving map: Overview map , (MapQuest) or Click above on attached files for a close-up maps of Soggy Dry Lake and the Johnson Valley area.

Access to Johnson Valley OHV area is from Highway 247 between the towns of Yucca Valley and Lucerne Valley. Bessemer Mine Road is marked with a sign on the right side (traveling east), but the sign is small (brown & white) and is set back from the road, so be watching for it.

If you have additional questions, call Paul Thomas at: 714 863-1236

--------------------------------------------

Death Valley Trip

April 3rd, 4th & 5th.

The Campground will be at the Panamint Springs Resort, http://deathvalley.com/psr/

Our trip leader is: Chris Farmer, if you plan on going, please let Chris know. His email is: farm714@yahoo.com, phone: 714 745-1187

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Driving From Los Angeles (235 miles)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From the 5 Freeway North (Golden State Freeway), a few miles past its juncture with 405 Freeway, stay right for 14 Freeway North (Antelope Valley Freeway). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After 70 miles, passing Palmdale, Lancaster, and Rosamond, the 14 Freeway North continues on to become Main Street for the town of Mojave. At the end of town, turn right to remain on the Highway 14 North. After 40 miles, Highway 14 North merges and becomes Highway 395 North. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Continue another 45 miles to Olancha, turn right onto Highway 190 toward Death Valley. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The next 15 miles proceeds northeast along the shore of the once great Owens Lake, then merges with Highway 136, and continues east another 25 miles to Panamint Springs Resort. [/FONT]

Quick Notes

Located five miles behind the Panamint Springs Resort, at the 3,000 ft. level, is a year round stream and a cascading 20 foot waterfall. Fed by nearby artesian wells, this seemingly out-of-place site provides welcome relief to desert wildlife and hikers alike, as it is the only water source for miles around.

dvmap.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom