Sniper EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you have done the Sniper EFI conversion, what did you do with the display?

20240409-2024-04-09 08.51.05.jpg

I used one of the Scosche Magicmounts you can find on amazon.

If you dont like the dual sided tape on that one, Ram makes a magnetic mount that just sticks to the dash with magnets.

I put it right next to the gauge cluster on the right. It has helpful data, so I like having it visible.

View attachment 3602788
I agree. I want to keep it visible rather than leaving it in the glove compartment. I've been toying with placing it where the ash tray is now. Put a plate over the opening and fastening the display to the plate.
I used one of the Scosche Magicmounts you can find on amazon.

If you dont like the dual sided tape on that one, Ram makes a magnetic mount that just sticks to the dash with magnets.
Thanks for the suggestions!!

This may sound like a rather stupid question, but I did not do the install myself. Goode's Off-Road was doing a restoration of my FJ40 and this was just one of the upgrades he did, so I don't really know much about the actual install. I am particularly wondering about the cable. Currently it is in the glove compartment, but if I take any of the suggestions here, I will most likely need to reroute the cable. How much of a task would this be? How do I access the end of the cable to reroute it? How much of an effort is it to run through a hole in the dash?

It's no big deal. Just unplug it from the main sniper body and re-run it how you want. I actually run mine over the brake booster and into the dash with the main harness. My scosche mount is right next to that hole on the right side of the dash, so no holes drilled.

It's no big deal. Just unplug it from the main sniper body and re-run it how you want. I actually run mine over the brake booster and into the dash with the main harness. My scosche mount is right next to that hole on the right side of the dash, so no holes drilled.
Thank you!! I think I now know how to get started. Much appreciated!

I didn’t see the need to have the display mounted permanently. I’m offroad only and it comes with me, but it stays in a padded hard-side zippered case. Not once have I needed it on the trail. For initial setup and occasional checks at home I’ll plug it in temporary while it lays on the seat. Works for me.

SnipeDisp.jpg

I agree. I want to keep it visible rather than leaving it in the glove compartment. I've been toying with placing it where the ash tray is now. Put a plate over the opening and fastening the display to the plate.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
I mounted right of steering column, also mounted a short section of rigid vac hose with dbl stick tape to hold the stylist just to right of it.

IMG_1597.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom