Sadly Parting out or selling whole RHD HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had an accident which ended with the front end of my truck against a tree. The ARB bar took the brunt of it but the front left fender area, hood and rad are likely done. I have been disavowed by the insurance company and so I am on my own. Sadly I think its time for a new project. Can't stand the thought of not having a cruiser in the driveway anymore but I will let fate bring me my next one. Looking for suggestions or advice on the best way to reclaim some of the money out of the vehicle. I drove it home afterwards and it tracked straight so frame damage is unlikely. It is an HJ60 RHD import from Japan. It has just under 200,000km on it and is rust free. strong 2h engine in front of H55 5 speed tranny. new exhaust from head back. 3 year old OME suspension (2" lift) more than 50% life on yokohama 33" tires, chrome rims (yuck). Cable locked axles front and rear. seats are grey origninal and in good shape. it is also the high roof series.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Be kind the incident is still pretty fresh.
p.s. located in Kingston, ON Canada

Sorry she had to go out this way ... Wish you were closer.

That is a lot of truck to give up. :frown:

If you decide to sell, the date of manufacture will have a great impact on the market (older than 25 years can be imported into the states).

? If all your out is a hood, arb bumper, radiator and fender and it has all of those options with no frame damage why not just fix it? If that is really it and no frame damage less than 1k minus the arb would fix what you listed.

On the bright side your axles are worth a over 2k by themselves if you do part it.

Sad to see a 60 go like that. Hey, if you were my neighbour, I would be interested in the diff locks:)

PM Sent

Sad to hear that... If the frame and the rest of the body are intact, you could try to sell it as a whole, it's looks like you have a lot of good feature (High roof, lockers, 5 speeds tranny) and you could have good money for it.

If it at least 25 years old, you could sell it in Quebec or you could send it to me and I'm sure it will look good in my driveway!

Do you have any pics? If only I had the money right now...

Last edited:
Guess I forgot to mention it is a 1989. Which means cannot be easily flipped to the US. But wondering about the engine and other majr parts. Could a US resident with a FJ62 swap in the engine, tranny, axles etc... and not run into the import issues. From what I understand the engine etc... is universal between LHD and RHD.

Guess I forgot to mention it is a 1989. Which means cannot be easily flipped to the US. But wondering about the engine and other majr parts. Could a US resident with a FJ62 swap in the engine, tranny, axles etc... and not run into the import issues. From what I understand the engine etc... is universal between LHD and RHD.
So, did this get repaired, sold or are you parting it out? If you are parting it out, I could use the steering column cover if it's grey. I have an '89 RHD HJ60 high roof from Japan too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom