RT help needed on Tcase problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Tcase went out a few months ago and i finally pulled the trigger on a salvage replacement. Job seemed simple enough to do myself, felt like everything lined up perfectly and didnt anticipate any issues. However once i got everything put together i have no power and gears are grinding going from drive to park ect. Feels like the splines from the T case to the transmission are not properly engaged or something. I double checked that my Tcase shifter was properly engaged and that all the electrical connections were re-connected ect. If you guys could please let me know if i missed some crucial step i would be very appreciative! there are two things i noticed while installing that i'm a bit concerned could be related to the problem in some way. 1- when i separated the old T-case from the transmissions there was some fluid the poured out. I would have assumed the seal was bad on the transmission except it appeared to be gear oil, and the seal looked great. i assumed this was related to my old Tcase failing. 2nd the shift actuator on the new Tcase was full of oil and it was leaking from the electrical plug. I knew that the seals on these actuators often go bad so i simply replaced the seals and moved on. Wondering if the actuator on my new Tcase could be bad? Thank you for any advice.

Most likely cause of this problem is the coupler between the trans and the T-case.
It's easy to crack when pulling a t-case, but it's not always visible without a close inspection, but when the shafts turn they have enough force to open up that crack and let the shafts spin. Causing the exact grinding you are describing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom