Builds ROTW- FirstToy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

James your LX is just like you a class act all the way! I am really enjoying your ROTW write up - every thing you do has a fine art quality to it ;)

Look forward to the next wheeling adventure! - - say hi to Sasquatch for me :D

...damn now I have to get some dynamat :flipoff2:

James,

You ROCK!

Oh yeah, nice rig too.

So, is there a story behind your Avatar (nudge)?

See you in Moab?

-David

Great looking rig, I like the shower set up. Think I'll have to go that route too.

yep said:
So, is there a story behind your Avatar (nudge)?

James,

You've gotta write the story behind your avatar. It's one of the funniest trail tales I've ever heard over a camp fire.

Alvaro

Very nice write-up and Cruiser--now here's the driver at Death Valley's Marble Bath:
114912463_6a5e7e398d.jpg

James failed to mention that he designed the three right stickers (on the plain white 80)!
16.jpg

Regarding the avatar: I think i4c4lo said, "He screamed like a little :censor: !"

alvarorb said:
James,

You've gotta write the story behind your avatar. It's one of the funniest trail tales I've ever heard over a camp fire.

Alvaro

I can just picture you chuckling in your truck Alvaro :grinpimp:

It's better told around the campfire anyway:beer:

Nice rig, nice pictures and nice write up.

My next rig will be a Black LX or FZJ.

Black was not my first choice but couldn't pass it up. Now I like the black b/c it's a bit different. Anyway, I think it was just meant to be. hehe
I really like white 80's tho.

Here are a couple other things w/ my 80:

RR locker was not engaging (it did when I bought it). Currently, both lockers engage in a NY minute
http://paintlab.blogspot.com/2006/02/fixing-rr-locker-switch.html

RR main leak (tho the leak has stopped w/ I put 10-40 in it) Going for Delo 400 in the summer as well.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=78106

RR hatch glass leak (hasn't happened again, will do some pre-emptive sealing this summer)
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=74162

I did the CDL button (from Slee) and 7 pin mod which I use all the time also the in-dash cupholder (again, from Slee)
int02.jpg

and my offroad light switch- Toyota part about $12. Part number is in Outfitting section I think
int01.jpg

James,

VERY NICE!!!

I hope to make it on an outing one day and see your rig in person.

Could you post pics of your fuse box and the power points? Just curious as to which model you used for the fuse box and the placement. Thanks

:cheers:

BTW...If anyone hasn't bought a TEQ or Pig emblem. They are definately first rate. I love mine!

James what is the other switch near the mirror control? Is that for our 170's ?

damn that inside is like new!

Last edited:
What a fan club this guy has, and for good reason. Beautiful job, James! I'm trailing in litterly all the other modification areas, but I went all out with the Dynamat when I first got my 80.

Back when there was nothing rattling on it, and it had the stock tires, the insulation made a world of difference in road noise reduction.

Bluto said:
Very Nice. :)

Dynamat - what caused you to use it in the back of the cruiser (sound deadening)?
Dynamated  FZJ80.jpg

Wow Juaquim!! Must be like a vault in there, that's impressive :grinpimp: One day!...

Plus you got the dope drawer system too :)
Image-54801EECB8A611DA.jpg

Image-7B2B67169C3B11DA.jpg

time is almost up! I wanted to mention that I think the 80 is great. It's really special and built brilliantly, which you quickly realize when you wrench on it or wheel it. There really is something to the Land Cruiser name.

I hope to meet you guys out on the trail!

Lovely 'Cruiser Frist Toy.

I now have one of my own, but I am still jealous of everyone else's, too! And every time I see one, I want to make it mine!

You have some pretty nice mods. I especially like the tires. Those are my "dream" tires. Wondering how you like them...

Thanks for sharing all the great pics. And BTW, eventhough black was not your first desire, it looks really sweet.

Moses

Desertdude has a nice fusebox setup below-- this is good idea if you are looking at options.

Desertdude, please post name brand and where to purchase this sealed fusebox! It looks very nice!

It may be one of these.
From west marine.

Did you see Mike?

Last edited:
Moses John said:
I especially like the tires. Those are my "dream" tires. Wondering how you like them...

Moses

Moses,
The MTR's are excellent tires and I have alot of confidence in their capability. I've been thru a couple butt-clenching obstacles and it just builds confidence in your rig and tires... this is the 2nd truck I've had them on and really like them.

I rotate them often (America's Tire does rotate/balance for free) which I think is important w/ D-load, big lug tires. They will get louder as the lugs wear down.

Most of the guys I wheel with use MTR's. I think they are old hat now so people are thinking of trying other brands as well. They are not cheap tires.

Jasper, I think cpg found Desertdude's fusebox.:) Don't forget to put a fuse right next to the battery, you don't want a long unfused cable (fire!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom