rock slider 470 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

frankencruiser i was going to buy 80 i just like how tough they are but for the price they want for one of those thing in south west i can buy used Ferrari but then i still need the 80 to tow the Ferrari to repair shop

rz,
Be sure to let us know the results of the suspension install, and any before/after pics. TIA

I am going to do the suspension same way RCsGX did his as soon as I find the good shop that I know they can do it right I don't like it when the part doesn't fit hammer it until it does I am one of those meticulous people :).and yes I will post the photos .I must thank RCsGX he knows these GXs very well and has helped me making my mind to go with his suspension set up

I'm also curious about how the suspension will turn out (pics) and any other details about it. This whole last week I've also been seriously thinking about going the same route as RCsGX. Let us know how it goes!
Great job on the sliders too.

thanks JAGSR71 . suspension: as soon as I find professional shop it be done and I will let you guys know .

R/S

new longer and wider S/C

CIMG0102.jpg

CIMG0104.jpg

CIMG0105.jpg

CIMG0107.jpg

rock slider

Well Made Manufacturing has come up with either bolt or weld to chassis version of their rock slider .I personally like the version that just bolt on to the place of old running board I do not think I will do too much extreme rock crawling with my 4700 pound of GX but it is good to have these for protection of bottom of those doors .you can find these guys in ebay under (Custom Designed Rock Slider )or www.WellMadeMfg.com

CIMG0125.jpg

Looks great rx470!

I wish we had a place like that near where I live. I would have them copy the Demello flat top bumper.

38702_433153199696_602864696_4594934_368886_n.jpg

RCGX you can actually contact them and give them your design they will make anything you want and their price is very reasonable now that they made me the rock slider the way i wanted to be I am having them make me a bolt on winch and pumper guard that look really good do not require cutting welding and does not weight 190 pounds with 9000 winch they should be done with it in week or so Also been talking to them a bout tire carrier for rear bumper .i just do not want my GX to look too radical .i will post the pictures as soon as it is finished

By the way some one mentioned and said there is rumor that you may be leaving the GX venture land if that is true i have to sale my GX.

RCGX you can actually contact them and give them your design they will make anything you want and their price is very reasonable now that they made me the rock slider the way i wanted to be I am having them make me a bolt on winch and pumper guard that look really good do not require cutting welding and does not weight 190 pounds with 9000 winch they should be done with it in week or so Also been talking to them a bout tire carrier for rear bumper .i just do not want my GX to look too radical .i will post the pictures as soon as it is finished

So does someone that works there have a GX? Did they use your GX to fab up the sliders?

By the way some one mentioned and said there is rumor that you may be leaving the GX venture land if that is true i have to sale my GX.

No it's not true, I was just messing w/ them. :D

I'll post what I've been up to hopefully tomorrow. I was going to today but the plans fell through.

Well that is great news that you be around.as far as Lexus i was looking for a shop to make what i want and not the same old stuff and didn't want to go to harbor freight and pick up one of those welding machine:)) si came a cross these guys so they asked me if they can use my GX as a test bed ...HELL I said yes of course when they wanted to jack it up in one corner they jokingly said if the floor come a part they are not responsible but it was all good i just hope they will not try to hang it from the winch:hmm:

something interesting they found a lexus 470 GX pumper for $100.00 not painted they are going to take mine off and put that one on it so when they are making the front plate for winch and brush guards they can cut portion it off to see what kind of look they can create and see how difficult will be for any body to install .so i guess my GX will get chopped up tomorrow I will take some pictures.

I pretty much destroyed one of the running boards flogging my wife's 470 in the desert! I don't want to buy another factory set that I'm sure to destroy. I also don't want something too bulky, but still tough enough to be used off road. I really like the custom door protectors that go in place of the stock running boards. I saw that set on this forum. How was the installation process "RZ470"? Did the part fit well? etc...

First of all I am glad you are still alive after smashing the R/B:) as far as Fitment they fit excellent as I have mentioned before in past thread my GX was used to make these R/S so I know they fit perfectly I got couple scratches on them so far and thank god I don't have to hide in garage if you know what I mean :).the only thing is will she be missing the step

rock sliders

I finally scored the rock sliders from Well Made after getting yelled at by my wife. I got a great deal because I ordered them unpainted. I plan to either powder coat them or paint them to match. I will post some pics when I get done.

Think I am going to order a set of these sliders.
Do I just give them a call? I've got the KDSS and it looks like since these bolt up where the original boards are there is no issue?

Think I am going to order a set of these sliders.
Do I just give them a call? I've got the KDSS and it looks like since these bolt up where the original boards are there is no issue?
you can . these sliders bolt on in the place of the old one I had no issue with it I painted mine with two can of paint from home depot and still looking good or you can have them powder coat it . www.wellmademfg.com 480-650-7402

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom