Rims rims and more rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahh okay so the WMS would change, but in relation to the stock hub, it would be like you were adding a 1.625 inch wheel spacer, so from stock youd just take your wheel width and calculate the offset of the wheel you were looking at, so say 0 offset wheel for example, and then subtract 41 mm. So your hypothetical offset would be like -41 from the factory wms and that would give you 2.8 inches of backspacing

where it gets weird is you could in theory run a +16 or so offset and get back to 3.5 inches of backspacing... I THINK haha

I think this stuff is right, its been a long day and math aint mathing like it used to
Thanks for looking at it, tomorrow I’m going to draw it out and see if I can make sense of it all. might have to add fender distance to the equation and then it’s a mess

Thanks for looking at it, tomorrow I’m going to draw it out and see if I can make sense of it all. might have to add fender distance to the equation and then it’s a mess
I'm also curious about fitment on our customized rigs....anyone with an 80 series rear and the Tundra brake mod will run into this. What is strange is @Godwin test fit some 80 series stock alloy wheels and they did not fit on his! I'm running the 17" FJcruiser steelies with no spacers and they work pretty good, But I am one of those that likes wider tires so its a little on the narrow side for me.

So had a hard time digesting all the technical discussions regarding rims, offset etc

I currently have 15 inch and wanted to swap to 16 inch to fit my almost brand new 275 x 70 x 16 tires. Current ones are road tires and perform horrible on sand (well they are just as bad on road tbh brand called crystal first time i ever heard of them).

I have tried 2 16inch rims so far and they dont fit due to the steering arm (picture below)

Do i need to find rims with mounting bolts closer to car so the rim edges have enough clearance ? Or should i find a solution with 15 inch rims?
I am living in Egypt so options are very limited

View attachment 3489348

these are your destiny ,

factory fit form and function and 16" to boot

NO shipping via your local toyota dealer too

this is the best dam value out there , and the hippest OEM look , if oem is what your looking for ?

if your not looking for a OEM option at some level , that is a poor choice you will find out it was shortly after you make it ......straight up ..

1701209525092.png

FFB6E87D-6308-46D2-805B-DA02C5D29252.jpeg

So finally found a nice offset rims that just barely work (they just touch the rubber on the steering arm) but i will need spacers (thin ones would work.)

Got mixed feedback on spacers but the rig is purely for off-roading / towing, but i guess I have no choice now.

So finally found a nice offset rims that just barely work (they just touch the rubber on the steering arm) but i will need spacers (thin ones would work.)

Got mixed feedback on spacers but the rig is purely for off-roading / towing, but i guess I have no choice now.
Thin 1/4 inch spacers won’t hurt anything

Thin 1/4 inch spacers won’t hurt anything

Would that decrease the no. of threads holding the tire?
I mean 100 has 5 bolts not 6, so theory there should be a good buffer there even if the nuts are losing some threads ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom