Registering RHD JDM cruiser in MT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody, I have my eye on a 1987 BJ74 for sale in Canada. Has anyone here titled and registered a JDM right hand drive vehicle in Montana? I know that Japanese VINs are slightly different, and I'd have to use form MV1 and MV20 to inspect the vehicle. Any tips would be appreciated!

-Daniel

I titled my last cruiser without any documentation, go to the DMV tell them you bought an old cruiser no title ( I don't know what they will say about the canada thing) tell them the values is 500 bucks or you will have to post a bond. You will have to have an inspection from the local cops, they will give you the form, fill it out get the inspection and apply for the title. Don't say you have one, best I can do, when I did mine I had a 20 year old title, the MVD person tossed it in the trash and sent me on this course, title showed up in a coupla of weeks,

Youy may want top just go and ask some questions at the vehicle registration place if you have a current title. best, Larry

I spoke with the Motor vehicle division. All i need are customs papers, MV20, and MV1. No issues with VIN, RHD, or anything else. Sounds easy, I'll update this thread once I've actually gone through the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom