Recall on Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machetes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yotatech.com
Just received an email from Amazon since they know I bought my Bear Grylls Parang from them:
Greetings from Amazon.com Product Safey Team,

We have recently learned that Gerber Legendary Blades, in cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), is voluntarily recalling Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machetes. Our records indicate that you have purchased one of the items listed in this recall through the Amazon.com website.

The recalled product is a curved blade machete with an overall length of 19.5 inches and a blade length of 13.5 inches. The handle is a dark gray textured rubber grip with wrist lanyard, orange trim and a stylized "BG" on it. The blade is marked with the "GERBER" trademark and a stylized Bear Grylls trademark. The machete comes in a black nylon sheath with orange and gray trim. The machetes were sold separately or as one of the products in Gerber's Apocalypse Survival Kit. The model numbers are on the package. Model numbers are: 31-000698, which has "Survival Series" printed on the package; and 31-001507, which was sold only at Walmart. Model number 30-0006010 is for the Apocalypse Survival Kit, which includes a Parang machete among other items in a foldable black cloth case with "GERBER" printed in orange on the inside right.

The recalled item was sold at sporting goods stores nationwide and online from January 2011 through June 2012 for about $43 for the individual Parang machetes and $349 for the Apocalypse Survival Kits. A weakness in the area where the handle meets the blade can cause the handle or the blade to break during use, posing a laceration hazard.

Customers should immediately stop using the recalled Parang machetes and contact Gerber Legendary Blades to receive a free replacement. For additional information, contact Gerber Legendary Blades toll-free at (877) 314-9130 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit www.gerbergear.com

You may also find additional details about the recall in the CPSC bulletin at:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12248.html

If you purchased this for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information in the CPSC bulletin concerning these safety issues.

We regret the inconvenience this recall has caused you but trust you will understand that the safety of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com

Good thing the re-call came before the Apocalypse.

It would suck to have your machete break in half right in mid zombie be-heading.

Bear Grylls should be recalled. That "tv show" couldn't be anymore staged and his "advice" could potentially put people in serious danger.

"If you need to get downriver quickly, you should just jump in and float" Really? Jump into a river swollen with ice cold winter runoff? No floatation? No worry of being soaked when night falls?

I'm not surprised to hear something he endorsed fell apart.

Yeah, I saw him climb down a tree instead of finding a safer route off the top of a cliff. Putting himself in more life threatening injury (sprain ankle, broken leg,etc). He should have taken the route the camera crew took down.
Saw him eating things live while he should have killed it to prevent choking hazard.
It's all theatre. too bad not too much useful information.

Your either Bear Gyrlls guy or a Les Stroud Guy.

If I had to be stranded with one of them I'd take Les anytime.

Or Cody Lundin, he seems like he could find something to get stoned on anywhere in the world. Being stoned would take the edge off be lost, cold and hungry.

Dave Canterbury is okay but I think he'd get on my nerves after the second day.

Ray Mears is just to friggin British for me.

Mykel Hawke would be cool, seems like a kind of down home guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom