Rear wiper stuck on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ay ideas where to start? The main wiper switch and front wipers work fine, so I would assume I need to start at the rear gate. But where? I pulled the trim to access the relay and motor, but I'm not sure how to test the relay. Looks like the entire switch, motor, and relay are only sold as an assembly for close to $200. I checked wires and grounds and found nothing. I have a volt/ohm tester but am not sure where I should test. Thanks for any help!

Mine did this after an auto carwash once....
I just loosened nut that holds arm to motor and shut off ignition/wiper switch, tightened nut again, and problem was solved.

Sorry on the outside of the wiper mechanism ie under the hinged black metal cover at proximal end of wiper arm

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Maybe there's some kind of ground that needs to be jiggled around or something. For now I disconnected the wiper motor, but I would sure like to have that wiper back.
Any other ideas out there?

rear wiper motor wont shut off!!! WTF

rear wiper was just constantly going back and forth.. we have had heavy rains here lately but thats the Wet coast for ya, shouldnt really matter.
I disconnected the battery that didnt work
I removed the small fuse and that stopped it but its also the fuse for the front wipers??? so had to put the fuse back in.
I dont think its the switch on the steering column and the wires seem totally fine so my guess is there is something worn out in the actual motor. clearly the motor works.

I didnt want the glass to get ruined so I removed the rear hatch panelling and disconnected the power plug at the motor...
see pics.
I tried to do a panoramic of the entire gate sorry for the crappy pics.
its on the list of things to do but I have about 10 items more important than this.
Helll the 40 series I used to own never had a rear wiper anyways:crybaby:

North Vancouver 2-20140103-01361.jpg

North Vancouver 2-20140103-01366.jpg

North Vancouver 2-20140103-01363.jpg

North Vancouver 2-20140103-01364.jpg

North Vancouver 2-20140103-01365.jpg

After checking all your grounds, I would bet you have a glitch in your body/dash/control module located above the radio. You will need to buy another one.

Had this issue with my rear wiper not shutting off.

Last edited:
good to know, thanks Mack.
I wasnt aware there was module above the radio. I will definetely investigate when I swap a new double din stereo in...

cheers

One of my 80s had a broken ground wire in the rear hatch hinge. It did a lot of weird things, power was running backwards through the rear wiper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom