Rear windshield wiper doesn't work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 94 LC and the rear wiper isn't working. When I turn it on I can hear a slight humming noise but it's not moving.

Any help would be appreciated.

that the motor.... take the window apart and look for a replacement

If you hear the motor humming, it might just be the linkage between the motor and the wiper.

Disassemble the trim that hides the motor and linkage on the hatch, turn on the motor and see if it's moving part of the linkage. On mine, one of the "joints" was stripped so the motor would move, but he linkage just "spun".

Unfortunately, if that's the case, you still might have to buy the whole assembly as I don't think you can just buy the linkage. At least, that's what I had to do, but I just popped the linkage off the new assembly and stuck it on the old motor.

If that's not your case and you need a motor, but your linkage is good, then PM me... I've got a brand new motor waiting for you... ;)

Before you take everything apart..... Is your wiper arm on properly? Check the nut that holds it in place to make sure it tight. make sure the spline isnt stripped...

Thanks for the help.

Just to clarify, last night I turned the rear wiper on to intermittent and I could hear the motor working..intermittently but no movement of the blade.

If you hear the motor humming, it might just be the linkage between the motor and the wiper.

Disassemble the trim that hides the motor and linkage on the hatch, turn on the motor and see if it's moving part of the linkage. On mine, one of the "joints" was stripped so the motor would move, but he linkage just "spun".

Unfortunately, if that's the case, you still might have to buy the whole assembly as I don't think you can just buy the linkage. At least, that's what I had to do, but I just popped the linkage off the new assembly and stuck it on the old motor.

If that's not your case and you need a motor, but your linkage is good, then PM me... I've got a brand new motor waiting for you... ;)

Hi - I think I have the same problem you had. How much did the new motor/linkage cost you? Did you buy from Cruiser Dan? Would a 'novice' mechanic be able to install one?

Thanks in advance!

LC96

I had the same exact issue as you describe, I couldn't figure out the problem so I took it to the local Lexus dealership...

Turns out it just needed to be re-grounded, as the old grounding point had failed.

Simple fix and a minor charge, after that all issues with the rear wiper were gone

Check on your grounds before looking at sinking money into a new motor assembly

I had the same exact issue as you describe, I couldn't figure out the problem so I took it to the local Lexus dealership...

Turns out it just needed to be re-grounded, as the old grounding point had failed.

Simple fix and a minor charge, after that all issues with the rear wiper were gone

Check on your grounds before looking at sinking money into a new motor assembly
x2, friend did the same and it fixed his.... I still need to fix mine :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom