Rear seatbelts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 87 fj60 and been wanting to install rear seatbelts (shoulder) my current (lap belts) seat belts in the rear are just not enough to protect the lil ones (8 yo & 6yo) so i ended up buying some fj62 rear shoulder belts come to find out that it's almost impossible to install it w/out any modification. i need some suggestion on how to make this work or what else could i buy instead of the 62 seat belts.suggestions and recommendations are most welcome on this matter,thanks to all in advance yes i have search and didn't quite get the answers i was looking for.

John:bang::bang:

As I understand it the real trouble is with the retractor mounting.

I wonder if it would be safe to cut the different section out of a 62 body and remount in a 60 body. Of course this is work for a qualified welder and then you could put 62 interior panels in and have a very stock looking setup. I wold like to so this to my 60 in the future, this would make it much easier to operate the rear seat belt.

I am sure that some one has tried this. Any any more info???

John

Grab the belts from a 60? G spec 60's had retractable belts in Aus from atleast 83, possibly earlier.

Sean

You can also get non-retracting rear seatbelts from a 60 (they're a paint to adjust, so if you have many different rear passengers they'll be quite frustrating...but if the back seat is normally occupied by your kids, they'll be OK. I kept Sheila's (the Aussie HJ60), because my 10/87 FJ62 came with only the retracting lap belts.

Install

Write up.

Here is a good write up about the install.

I want to do the same install for my kids. I had a question about the correct length.

Ducks, which length did you pic?

I think he means the length of the long part of the belt. The factory 62 belts measure about 100 inches.

Don't know what the shoulder length is. But that is the exact link to the product I use now. Works great. The retractor does stick out a bit instead of being hidden within the frame but the back seats clear it just fine.

too long?

Would there be any reason to NOT buy the 140 inch?

Is this one of those " better to have too much than too little" things?

I did a write up for the non-retractable's a while back - very easy but they are certainly cumbersome and when I do have adults back there - I get a WTF look and they stick with the lap belts alone.

Would there be any reason to NOT buy the 140 inch?

Is this one of those " better to have too much than too little" things?

You might ask the company that. I would think they do it for convenience and to prevent errors in ordering. I doubt it is better in any way if you know the actual length needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom