Re-torque exhaust manifold bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had some work done by a shop to button up all the little things that bug me but, came away with MORE problems than I started with. I’m almost done going through it with just a few things left.

So far, I have re-torqued the valve cover bolts (read: oil all over block), carb mounting bolts, exhaust, and now….

Exhaust manifold bolts… Ive read a few times of people just “running out” to re-torque them and be sure they'r tight. Is it that easy? I keep looking around and can only find a couple bolts in plain view and the others seem to be under or hidden by stuff. What do I REALLY need to remove to get at these? I plan to read through the manual again but was hoping for some tips.

Thought I would try re-torqueing before tearing it all down, resurfacing the manifold (intake & exhaust), and reassemble.

As always, appreciate the help!! :beer:

I'm not sure anything has to be removed, I've done it with just the air cleaner off. You will need a long extension for the two nuts under the carb. There are "tunnels" formed so that one can torque the bolts with the socket between the two manifold halves.

Thanks for the info guys :beer: headed out there tonight :beer:

dude, the one in the back is a little handed persons dream, i had a hel;l of a time doing the correct sequence on the bolt pattern and getting torques to spec, and that was with most of my vaccum stuff apart, good luck man i just didnt have a fun time with mine

The trick to the very last one in the back is to go from underneath the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom