Range Rover Sport versus LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought my wife a RRS a few months back. Probably the big rover is the best comparitor to the LX, but anyway...

LX feels like quality; the RRS feels like a vault.

LX has softer ride and the air suspension is adjustable. The RRS is fairly stiff.

The trim inside the RRS is insanely luxurious. The leather is like butter.

I would rate the optional sound systems about equal.

Seating is a bit more snug in the back of the RRS.

The RRS handles a bit like a sports car, and the engine and transmission are no slouch. The LX isn't nearly as quick - it's more of a lumbering/floating machine.

I was very skeptical about the whole RR deal, but wow is this thing put together well. It reminds me of the old 60s and 70s Mercedes Benz cars - tanks.

I joked with my wife that the Lexus is probably more reliable, to which she replied "that's not why I bought the rover."

Can we talk about resale value? that ought to be a good one......LC vs. RR

I love it when I'm driving my LC in a Tahoe blizzard and there are RR's stuck in the snowbanks. Something about being smug and offering to pull them out........in my Toyota. Now, don't get me wrong, the RR has good off-road capability, but they send them out the door w/sport tires? Definitely a target market thing.

The two makes each have their attributes.

Resale and reliability aren't strong suits for the Rover. But the creature comforts, technology, and styling are I their own class.

It all depends what you want in a car. Reliability and resale are of no concern to her because she leases a new car every 3 years.

Happy wife, Happy Life !
So lucky!, my wife has zero interest in cars, she is perfectly happy with her 6 year old Murano.

I actually was excited when my wife said she wanted a RR. I'm a car lover and have owned most makes through the years - everything from Aston to Ferrari to Chevy. And I regretted selling every single one of them except for the Dodge Durango which truly was a turd. Come to think of it the Mercedes GL was about as bad.

Always liked the styling and performance potential of a RR. To be honest, they are beautiful machines. I'm too much of an engineer to trust the dependability / reliability of range rovers though.

I keep waiting for the day when they actually become reliable vehicles. After all, other manufacturers have improved quality in the face of competition. So should Rover, right? Anyways, I'm done holding my breath on this hope.

I've known people that have owned them. And I've just plain cringed every time something silly broke on my friends rigs. It's like a volatile relationship. All give and not enough in return.

But they sure are pretty to look and marvel at.

2 things I dislike the most.. RR and a Husker... Just kidding (but not really) :) Personally I don't understand the RR at all. I think it's a complete status symbol more than any other vehicle and has so many issues year over year but people still buy them....

I loved my Range Rover. It was super charged with 400 bhp. But it was not reliable. It is the only car I have owned for less than 5 years. I traded it during the third year with multiple issues needing to be fixed a $5k a pop.

It was silly really. It was a very comfortable and fast truck. I miss it sometimes.

RR owner loyalty is incredibly high. And I am amazed at the workmanship of this RRS. The paintwork, fit, and finish are impeccable.

My best guess is that RR turned the corner in about 2013 - the resale on the late model Sports is ridiculously high - so high in fact that it is more attractive just to buy (or lease) new.

The dealerships discount the average Sport less than half of one percent of the sales price. Its MSRP or nothing for most models.

I don't have an illusions that RR will ever match Japanese (or even German) reliability, but they are producing some pretty nice merchandise these days.

I think German reliability is a thing of the past. Japan is (still) it.

I don't know that German quality declined as much as Japanese quality surpassed it. The fact is, even the lowliest make and model today is far superior to the best make and model of 25 years ago. I remember trading my 1981 Buick Century at 80,000 miles because that was considered high miles. And it looked like the devil after 80K miles too - paint fading, vinyl top was shredding, pieces were falling off.

Buddy of mine almost bought an RRS but thought better of it after sifting through the masses of complaints on RRS forums and the massive repair line at the dealership. No discount didn't help. I tried to talk him into a Cruiser / LX but he ended up with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.

Buddy of mine almost bought an RRS but thought better of it after sifting through the masses of complaints on RRS forums and the massive repair line at the dealership. No discount didn't help. I tried to talk him into a Cruiser / LX but he ended up with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.

I think he will regret the GC. My neighbor bought one and it's a real turd.

I loved my Range Rover. It was super charged with 400 bhp. But it was not reliable. It is the only car I have owned for less than 5 years. I traded it during the third year with multiple issues needing to be fixed a $5k a pop.

It was silly really. It was a very comfortable and fast truck. I miss it sometimes.
I let mine go after 3 years as well. POS was in the shop more than my driveway, but that thing was a blast to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom