Question about BJ70 and LJ70 suspension and springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! Im a newbie to the whole 4x4 scene and have a question about suspension set up between BJ70 & LJ70. Can BJ70 suspension n springs be use on LJ70? Im looking for suspension for my LJ70. Thx!

Hi All:

Billsan, welcome to MUD! :)

Sorry, no the BJ/FJ/HJ70 suspension uses leaf springs under both axles, unlike your LJ70 which has coil springs.

Regards,

Alan

Hi All:

Billsan, welcome to MUD! :)

Sorry, no the BJ/FJ/HJ70 suspension uses leaf springs under both axles, unlike your LJ70 which has coil springs.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Josie,

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I saw Shocks n springs(From USA) on ebay for BJ70 was wandering if that will fit onto my LJ70. What do u think?

Hi All:

No, the LJ/RJ Series Land Cruisers uses a different suspension type than the BJ/FJ/HJ Series Land Cruisers.

Alan

LJ70 has 4 coil springs.

BJ70 has 4 leaf springs.

They certainly are not interchangable.

Alan & Gotoy,

Thks for the info.
How about Bundera? Is it the same as LJ70 which the Australian call it Bundera?

Ill probably try to get my suspesions locally. I'm still sruveying the price. Do you mind telling me the usual price range for suspensions including spring. Thks.

William
Brunei

Hi All:

Well, from my info source (an OME suspension catalogue) the Bundera has the same suspension as a RJ70.

It might help if you posted pics of the vehicle, especially of the suspension bits.

Regards,

Alan

Alan & Gotoy,

Thks for the info.
How about Bundera? Is it the same as LJ70 which the Australian call it Bundera?

Yes ,the LJ70 was a Prado in Japan,a Bundeera in Australia and in other parts it was called a Landcruiser II.
Most of the Bundera were petrol RJ70s but a few diesels were sold and the suspension is the same.

Ill probably try to get my suspesions locally. I'm still sruveying the price. Do you mind telling me the usual price range for suspensions including spring. Thks.

William
Brunei

Dobinsons probably do the best kit for them. I think there are different kits for early and late model LJ70 but Im not sure when the changeover occurred.
These prices may give you an idea but of course freight would be on top.
bundera suspension kit | eBay

Yes ,the LJ70 was a Prado in Japan,a Bundeera in Australia and in other parts it was called a Landcruiser II.
Most of the Bundera were petrol RJ70s but a few diesels were sold and the suspension is the same.

Dobinsons probably do the best kit for them. I think there are different kits for early and late model LJ70 but Im not sure when the changeover occurred.
These prices may give you an idea but of course freight would be on top.
bundera suspension kit | eBay

rosco FJ73 & Alan,

Thank you for ur info. From my researched, i thk Bundera and LJ70 has the same suspensions!

Can't wait to see my 1st 4x4 car when it is lifted :)

rosco FJ73 & Alan,

Thank you for ur info. From my researched, i thk Bundera and LJ70 has the same suspensions!

Can't wait to see my 1st 4x4 car when it is lifted :)

rosco is right. check carefully. afaik, older models have different shocks for the left and right at the rear. i maybe wrong though. and some models have front shocks mounted outside the coils. my 91 lj71 uses the suspension of a kzj70 on ironman catalog. front shocks are inside the coils and the shocks on my rear are the same. hth

rosco is right. check carefully. afaik, older models have different shocks for the left and right at the rear. i maybe wrong though. and some models have front shocks mounted outside the coils. my 91 lj71 uses the suspension of a kzj70 on ironman catalog. front shocks are inside the coils and the shocks on my rear are the same. hth

niwde11,

Thank you for ur info! I've checked my LJ70 n my front n rear suspensions are all outside of the coils.. Which is the same for Bundera. I thk LJ70 and bundera have the same suspsion layout.

niwde11,

Thank you for ur info! I've checked my LJ70 n my front n rear suspensions are all outside of the coils.. Which is the same for Bundera. I thk LJ70 and bundera have the same suspsion layout.

Yes, lj70 and bundera have the same suspension. In fact they are the same vehicle, just different by name.

How are the shocks mounted at the rear of your lj71?

How are the shocks mounted at the rear of your lj71?

they are mounted on diagonally from the bottom of the coil plate to the diff housing. i hope i explained it clearly

i got the ironman suspension for LC II(LJ, RJ, KZ70, 73 & 78 prado; 90 - 96).
Ironman 4x4 Suspension - Toyota Landcruiser 70 73 Series Box Prado

while the older lc 70 or bundera(LJ, rj 70 and 73) 84 to 89 uses different shocks at the rear.
Ironman 4x4 Suspension - Toyota Landcruiser Bundera 70 73 Series

thats why when i ordered the suspension, the dealer made sure whats my rear shocks coz there are two catalogues for LJ7x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom