Powering PUMA with inline Fuse Block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone run a #4 wire to there blue sea fuse block then from there kept going to the air compressor? I am asking because i rather not have 3 #4 wires going threw the firewall for my subs and the air compressor and a fuse block..

If you have done this pictures would help alot.
If its a bad idea tell me please hahaha

What's the max current rating of the fuse block?

I'm not sure on the systems (in detail) that you are asking about.... but if you already have a powered amplifier that requires a 4ga cable, splitting power multiple ways could put a strain on the system.

Have you considered jumping to 0 gauge through the firewall, then running a distribution block (either fused or separate fuses) with individual 4 ga cables going to each component?

100A for the block, or 30A for each circuit.
If the OP runs that very fuse block, then that's not even close for the current draw of the Puma air compressor.
Most of us run 60A or 70A fuses or circuit breakers for the Puma alone.

If the OP runs that very fuse block, then that's not even close for the current draw of the Puma air compressor.
Most of us run 60A or 70A fuses or circuit breakers for the Puma alone.

If the OP is talking about running one large wire and teeing off to the fuse panel before going to the Puma, I don't see the issue. This is what I assumed based on what was written. If the power is a passthru on the fuse panel then yeah, may need to rethink it.

I'm not sure on the systems (in detail) that you are asking about.... but if you already have a powered amplifier that requires a 4ga cable, splitting power multiple ways could put a strain on the system.

Have you considered jumping to 0 gauge through the firewall, then running a distribution block (either fused or separate fuses) with individual 4 ga cables going to each component?
this is what i was about to ask about what distrubution block? ive looked at quite a few and none look to be able to handle over 100A?

last thing if thats the 250a rated what breaker should i use just for the 0 guage wire. im going to fuse everything afterthe distrubution block for whats needed. should i go with a 150a breaker or larger?

Most inline fuses are slow burn fuses, so they can actually take more amperage (in a very short spike) than what they are rated for.... Breakers (that I've had) don't always have the same capacity. In Toyota 4 cyl cars (some did, some didn't) they used a 100A fuse to the starter, but a 100A breaker I used after a battery relocation couldn't cut it for more than 5-8 seconds of cranking. At least in my psuedo "race" cars I've used these, and they're really handy (especially if you want to do simple battery disconnects):

200 AMP 12V DC CIRCUIT BREAKER REPLACE FUSE 200A 12/24V DC FAST FREE USA SHIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom