Poughkeepsie Gultch Saturday 9/5/15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.durangomagazine.com
Poughkeepsie Saturday 9/5/15. Meet at Silverton Visitor Center 9am (west end of town)

Poughkeepsie Gulch

Post up if your interested in joining us. I'm open to ideas on a complete route and meeting place. Downtown Silverton would be my initial thought.

I have not looked but will assume that the Rising Sun club will be in the area for their normal annual weekend event. Also a new event, 200's in the Hills, will be in the San Juans that weekend.

Participants:

Corbet
Steve P
Steven (rising sun)
Josh (rising sun)
Jeremiah

Last edited:
Looking forward to run, meet up point visitor's center on edge of Silverton might be good. What time?

I have it scratched into my calendar.

Corbet, It would be great if the RS guys could join in when you pass Ironton area. Thanks! Dave

What would be a good time to be at trailhead? We are based in Ouray for that day. Thx

I'm in.

What would be a good time to be at trailhead? We are based in Ouray for that day. Thx

10am probably good. I'm sure we will chat a little in Silverton and hit the men's room before driving over Red Mtn. To the trail head.

Cool thanks. Not sure yet that I am totally in, but if I come I will get there at 10am.

Poughkeepsie Saturday 9/5/15. Meet at Silverton Visitor Center 9am (west end of town)

Poughkeepsie Gulch

Post up if your interested in joining us. I'm open to ideas on a complete route and meeting place. Downtown Silverton would be my initial thought.

I have not looked but will assume that the Rising Sun club will be in the area for their normal annual weekend event. Also a new event, 200's in the Hills, will be in the San Juans that weekend.

For anyone meeting us from the Ouray side lets plan on departing the trailhead from HWY 550 at approx 10am.

Participants:

Corbet
Steve P
Steven (rising sun)
Josh (rising sun)
Jeremiah

I'm in as well and a buddy from ridgeway is looking to tag along. See you at 9.

Guys, great meet and wheel with you. Didn't get many pics because laziness.

Got stuck doing 1mph behind the geriatric jeep club that bailed out at the wall as we got there. But luckily not for long, they predictably all needed to stop a toilets at the start/end of corkscrew gulch.

Would be interested to see any shot of me going up the wall.

DSCF1642.JPG
DSCF1643.JPG
DSCF1645.JPG
DSCF1646.JPG
DSCF1649.JPG

I do hate mud.

Great pic Corbet any more of that spot? I've got a bunch of the 80's I'll post tonight. Lotta fun glad we got to the wall when we did. Thought I was bailing early to get to my chores. Shoulda turned left to Gladstone but ended up over Corkscrew. Sure was beautiful though.

Finally had some time to post up some pictures. Great day on the train, the wall was very slimy.
03-IMG_8903.JPG
04-IMG_8924.JPG
05-IMG_8933.JPG
06-IMG_8937.JPG
01-DSC08714.JPG
y.

Last edited:
Matt and the new line up the Wall.
07-IMG_8978.JPG
08-IMG_8980.JPG
09-IMG_8992.JPG
02-DSC08717.JPG