portioning valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

I VE GOT A MASTER CYLINDER FROM A LATER 60 ,AM INSTALLING FRONT SHAFTS / BRAKES FROM AN 84 TOY, DISC COVERSION IN THE REAR, INTO A 77FJ40 ,MASTER HAS PORTION VALVE ON IT , DO I NEED TO ADD ANOTHER VALVE TO REAR BECUASE OF DISCS IN REAR ARE CHEVY ? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED. THANKS GUYS.

Sorry for my ignorance but does the FJ60 master have 4 wheel disk or 2 wheel disk?

This is more of a trial and error thing but most certainly, the fixed porportioning valve you have won't have the correct porportioning.

Go to www.summitracing.com and order an adjustable porportioning valve for $40-50. and put that in instead of the fixed one. There is a chance you might need to use both but probably not.

Scott (71 FJ40 Monte Carlo rear disk, 72' 4Runner front disk, 76 FJ40 Master with a single adjustable porportioning valve)

60 master is front disc only. You'll need to pull the residual valve from the rear circuit, remove the factory prop valve, and install a Summit or other adjustable one to balance the system.

thanks guys for the info, great site ! later .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom