1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

portioning valve

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Guest, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I VE GOT A MASTER CYLINDER FROM A LATER 60 ,AM INSTALLING FRONT SHAFTS / BRAKES FROM AN 84 TOY, DISC COVERSION IN THE REAR, INTO A 77FJ40 ,MASTER HAS PORTION VALVE ON IT , DO I NEED TO ADD ANOTHER VALVE TO REAR BECUASE OF DISCS IN REAR ARE CHEVY ? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED. THANKS GUYS.

2. sfrolich

sfrolich

Sorry for my ignorance but does the FJ60 master have 4 wheel disk or 2 wheel disk?

This is more of a trial and error thing but most certainly, the fixed porportioning valve you have won't have the correct porportioning.

Go to www.summitracing.com and order an adjustable porportioning valve for $40-50. and put that in instead of the fixed one. There is a chance you might need to use both but probably not.

Scott (71 FJ40 Monte Carlo rear disk, 72' 4Runner front disk, 76 FJ40 Master with a single adjustable porportioning valve)

3. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    60 master is front disc only. You'll need to pull the residual valve from the rear circuit, remove the factory prop valve, and install a Summit or other adjustable one to balance the system.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks guys for the info, great site ! later .