1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poly Tank question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Pete_S, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Pete_S

Pete_S

Just started looking for a poly tank to go UNDER my FJ40. The local Car Quest will be able to get an over sized tank (21 gal)for a 70's J##p for about $230.00. Don't have any dimentions yet as well the best way to mount it.
    Anyone have any experience with this. I REALLY want to remove the under seat tank.
    Thanks!

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

I've wondered about using one of the rectangular marine poly tanks listed in Cabelas, much cheaper than what you mentioned I think. Any problem with that?

3. Pete_S

Pete_S

I've seen those, or things similar. It (in my opinion) wouldn't be the proper choice for the application.

4. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    have you considered custom? I know quite a few people who have had them made for a specific location/size....lots of advantages to that....contact jimridderbush@aol.com, he's in Appleton and has done a handful of Cruiser tanks.

Another option is a fuel cell in the bed, I'm quite happy with the 15 gallon aluminum cell I purchased thru Summit. Probably not a great choice tho if you intend to run a rear seat, but otherwise it's not in the way.