Picked this up for $30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked this up for $30, the tranny is blown from what I am told, but the transfercase is good. The question is what year is this setup out of, and what is the model?
000_0009.jpg
000_0010.jpg
000_0008.jpg

cut it in half and count the rings:p

Id think 84-89 I think the newer ones have more wiring on the trans?

The t-case is for TRADE or sale if anyone is needing one for a dual setup. I am open for trades. I need a Front or rear locker for my 1987 Toyota pickup (IFS). Or am open for other trades such as leaf springs, shackles, ect.

So someone please tell me what this is out of? I am assuming its from an Automatic tranny with an auto tcase? Is this Tcase not a very wanted item? Is there anyone who is interested in this tcase?

Yeah, the early trans aren't anything highly sought after IMHO. FWIW the Aisin trans identification for specific detail is on the blue badge that's on the right side of the trans body. It'll say something like A340-Letter . From there you'll be able to identify the transfer case.

94B-43393 is what is on the Blue tag, the rest is so distorted.

two pans EDIT: and the Hydro line-out/in at the rear of the DS drop is H, is it not?:confused:

If it is, you've got a $30 paper weight

340F.jpg

A340H.jpg

Thats an A340H. The T-case is basically a mini automatic transmission with a chain drive added to the back. As far as I know it will only work behind and in conjunction with the A340H tranny.

AS Hilux put it "you've got a $30 paper weight".

Well, at least I only paid $30 for it. I will throw it up on the shelf, and some day if by chance anyone needs one, I will sell it for $30! Thanks for the info people, as always you are the best!

No problem..I was trying to be kind and not tell you I thought it was an H model having seen that line output on the case.

It's been forever since playing with one to even remember which parts if any are interchangable.

You could always rebuild it or better yet sell it to a rebuilder and get the core fee out of it which should easily be over the $30 price tag.

Don't be afraid to use the fact these are also in Volvos..there are plenty of h models on the road still under their wagons hauling kids facing out the back window. Try both Japanese Transmission shops as well as Volvo shops. Don't let them tell you it isn't worth it b/c my buddy's shop in Oregon just sold two of them in Nov/Dec.

Here's some good info if any newb ever tries to search this topic. There's even the info on what terms to search to make a manual shifter conversion:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587521

The H is the second post down..LOL, this was back when Scott @ Addicted was a Jeep guy! (JeepinCJ7)

Last edited:
That was a good read on the Trannys, thank you. Like I said, i will just throw it up on the shelf for now. Someday someone may want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom