Permanently disabiling LDA. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Probably one of most annoying things ( for me at least) about LC300/LX600 is that you can't permanently turn off LDA (meaning that, is doesn't turn on again when you restart the car).

In general, I'm not really against LDA in cars, ( Frankly, I used to turn it on in some other cars). But I find Toyota's approach to LDA is not fit for purpose. I also can't understand how Toyota's engineers (QA/QC in particular) assumed that its ok for LDA to be very aggressive and to pull really hard in such a giant SUV. It gets annoying, especially at moments when there are changes in road patterns. ( yes, I didn't turn off and tuned down sensitivities in the settings.. but it doesn't solve the problem)

You would argue that Im too lazy to hold a button in the steering wheel to turn it off every time I start the car (and you might be right). But after almost 1 year of ownership, its still in my head and gets to me more when I'm doing lot of short trips/ frequent stops within the day.

Did anyone manage to find a workaround? I have seen some solutions by Chinese after market tuners to cancel off cars with auto start/stop functionality sold in some regions. It's more like a programmable dongle that gets connected between the interface and the button which automatically press the button for you when the car starts... Potentially, we can have the same thing but for LDA.. or probably any luck with OBD settings?

On separate but related note, you may think I'm exaggerating, but I have seen people base their LC300 purchasing decisions around that feature! People will downgrade a trim to avoid LDA. (Context: It's not mandatory to have LDA on GCC/Middle East imports.Hence, lower LC300 trims comes without LDA). Let that sink in.

Last edited:
Hi,

Probably one of most annoying things ( for me at least) about LC300/LX600 is that you can't permanently turn off LDA (meaning that, is doesn't turn on again when you restart the car).

In general, I'm not really against LDA in cars, ( Frankly, I used to turn it on in some other cars). But I find Toyota's approach to LDA is not fit for purpose. I also can't understand how Toyota's engineers (QA/QC in particular) assumed that its ok for LDA to be very aggressive and to pull really hard in such a giant SUV. It gets annoying, especially at moments when there are changes in road patterns. ( yes, I didn't turn off and tuned down sensitivities in the settings.. but it doesn't solve the problem)

You would argue that Im too lazy to hold a button in the steering wheel to turn it off every time I start the car (and you might be right). But after almost 1 year of ownership, its still in my head and gets to me more when I'm doing lot of short trips/ frequent stops within the day.

Did anyone manage to find a workaround? I have seen some solutions by Chinese after market tuners to cancel off cars with auto start/stop functionality sold in some regions. It's more like a programmable dongle that gets connected between the interface and the button which automatically press the button for you when the car starts... Potentially, we can have the same thing but for LDA.. or probably any luck with OBD settings?

On separate but related note, you may think I'm exaggerating, but I have seen people base their LC300 purchasing decisions around that feature! People will downgrade a trim to avoid LDA. (Context: It's not mandatory to have LDA on GCC/Middle East imports.Hence, lower LC300 trims comes without LDA). Let that sink in.
I disabled mine immediately after buying. It is in the settings options to permanently disable. Just have to click through and find it. It never turns back on after restart. It’s permanently disabled until I change that setting again.

I disabled mine immediately after buying. It is in the settings options to permanently disable. Just have to click through and find it. It never turns back on after restart. It’s permanently disabled until I change that setting again.
I could be wrong about the LX600 as I assumed it has the same problem. But for LC300, there is no way to permanently turn it off from the settings.

Lx600 owners are very fortunate.. seems like someone at Lexus didn't overlook this and forgot to pass the note.

AU got LDA that needs to be disabled every time and US got auto start stop that needs to be disabled every time… pick your poison

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom