Parking brake - bellcrank stop pad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ATL Cruiser

GOLD Star
Threads
Really, really dumb question here: The parking brake bellcrank has a stop pad on it. Toyota has an adjustment spec for this stop pad.

What is the purpose of this stop pad, and why does the spec even matter?

1689283060680.png

1689283073897.png

(picture shows the extended position, not the adjustment position)

Mine has that, and I assumed it was part of the cable adjustment. You want the stop pad to rest at the point where the inside is disengaged, then take up the slack inside at the handle

Mine has that, and I assumed it was part of the cable adjustment. You want the stop pad to rest at the point where the inside is disengaged, then take up the slack inside at the handle
I thought that too.

But the spec is a 1mm gap meaning there is still tension inside. It doesn't actually rest on the pads. They kind of hover there in mid air.

I thought that too.

But the spec is a 1mm gap meaning there is still tension inside. It doesn't actually rest on the pads. They kind of hover there in mid air.
Yeah, I hear you, mine are not resting on the stops either. What I thought at the time was after a while things might settle, or the cable stretch a bit with use, then it might be on the bump stops?

However I "broke mine in" a bit (if you read my build thread) and I just went out and released my parking brake and checked... nope, they are still just sitting slightly away from touching the stops.

Might require a phone call into Toyota engineering? 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom