Padre Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We could take the EZ down at night if that's when the wind is picking up OR use sand stakes from Academy and stake it down.

The lower tide in the evening will be better for those of you arriving late. You can always drive just above the water line if the beach conditions are poor.

I think you'll be fine with the gasoline. I drove up and down the beach on 3/4 of a tank of gas. Fill up the extra tanks since you have them but I'll be surprised if you use it. The last gas station is only a five or six miles from the park entrance.

What time is the driver's meeting and safety inspection? :lol::lol::lol:

The weather says up to 22mph friday night. I could probably sandbag the e-z up somehow.

If the tides are the same as corpus then the high is at 2:30p and the low is at 8:30p. Sunset at 7:47p.

I know I asked before but what is the gasoline situation? I know we fill up at that last gas station and I think I have like 9 gallons on my little trailer. Do I need more?

Kelly

arrival time

don't know when we will be there. hope to stop in corpus and swap p.s. bxes with chris colibi from victoria. late afternoon. man i pumped.- wish all we come. it has been a long time. can we dump the truck and trailer at the entrance? jim

4 is usual for off road events, but here in Texas the spanish truckers often use channel 4 and stay off 19.... BUT, dunno how much spanish chatter there would be down on PI since it's a good ways from normal trucker routes.

We MIGHT be down, but may not. Depends on what is going on with her school - tests and so forth. If no tests, we might come down for a day and night. If she's busy, I'm going wheeling Friday evening with the Rover guys.

PS- 38 has always been a good quiet channel.

don't know when we will be there. hope to stop in corpus and swap p.s. bxes with chris colibi from victoria. late afternoon. man i pumped.- wish all we come. it has been a long time. can we dump the truck and trailer at the entrance? jim

Yes, you can leave the truck and trailer in the giant parking lot at the visitors center.

Let's just stick with 4.

Something else we can agree on is the what CB channel to use. I know 4 is the tyipcal one of choice but maybe we should agree for a back up if there is a lot of chatter (doubt it)?

GPS coordinates posted up to all the camps would be good.

So it looks like I'll be heading down there now at 5:30pm. My friend will be comming along so that's why I'm pushed back latter.

I think as soon as we get down there, we'll make camp, have some trail drinks and head for the end......Baja style :D We both have to be back Saturday afternoon so that's the reason for the midnight dash to the end and back.

Wow, OK. Well, I told Kelly and Jen we'd drive down with them so we'll probably only be an few hours a head of you.

I am trying to get her to go after she gets out of school tomorrow. Dunno how that will pan out. I'll be running with my cb on channel 4 if we go. If it works out, I'll post up here when we are leaving. You all should have my phone number as I filed it with the secretary in charge..... :D

I have not circulated our roster as discussed at the March meeting. We have approx 34 on our email list with only about half as many registered TLCA members. We can discuss this further, however for this trip if you want someone to have your contact info, give it to them directly.

Kelly

Two quick tips for this trip: Bring bug spray in case the winds cease at night.

Stop by the car wash and wash your car. Make sure you use the wax selection as a finish. It creates another level of protection on your vehicle against the salt. When I lived in Corpus I picked this up from the locals. Then when you leave the beach, rinse your vehicle to remove the salt and sand. This process will keep you from having any rust issues.

In addition, if you have an external jack or other equipment, you can spray it with WD-40 to protect any exposed metal.

Ok, she says she has homework to do TODAY..... However, she says we can get up tomorrow Saturday, and go for the day, camp, and come back Sunday......

Seems like everyone has scattered ideas on when they are leaving, what they are doing etc.... Can we get some sort of a where/when thing here? Ben is talking of flying down today, making a sprint to the end and leaving or something. Dunno what the others plans are??

Anyone who I don't know who fits my basic itinerary who wants to caravan down, I am in a Silver Gray 100 series with a CB antenna on the roof, and DGPS antenna on the front end, more than likey leaving Saturday morning to Padre Isl.....
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom