OME 897 rear springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
anyone running these? I just snagged some nearly new ones for a good price. I still have airbags but I am gathering parts for when/if they go.

I enjoy a sporty ride but this GX will be more of a pavement pounder as opposed to expo rig.

I'm not opposed to finding something softer if everyone says these springs are too heavy. Looks like they are for an fj cruiser with ~700 extra lbs so my thinking was they might work on a GX but would like to hear from someone with experience.

Thanks!

I've had the 896 coils for the last four years on my GX. They were very stiff for the first two years unless fully loaded, but have settled down now into a perfect ride even without gear or kids in the back. 897s might be too firm, unless you're carrying a lot of weight.

On the other hand, I have the 885s in the front, and I think they've gotten too soft.

Hmm. Not sounding too promising for the 897s. Maybe I'll see if I can shoehorn some 80 series springs in there. Diameters are very close. I read that a guy did it on his 4th Gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom