OEM recommendation for 1998 HDJ101 JDM from Auction? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1000006805.jpg
1000006822.jpg
1000006812.jpg
1000006811.jpg
1000006820.jpg

Today is a good day because I just got a LC HDJ101 secured from auction in Tokyo via my broker. 63000km, a little below $14,000 before additional servicing and shipping to Okinawa. Clean bottom, some scratch on body but mostly in great shape. VX-Limited G-Selection 4200 turbo diesel 1HD-FTE.

There are so many things I want to do to it but I don't know anything about it. In the other word, I'm drawing blank because I have minimal knowledge on LC world.

Gonna change audio system (it's stock from 1998 with CD player and tape player) for sure. I'd like to change the center box that has the "cool box" that can keep my cannes beverage chilled, but that maybe a bit of electric work. I want to lift it up a bit.

Where do you folks look for these services and parts? OEM/mod recommendations that you strongly recommend?

-Scherm

nice, cloth interior.

nice, cloth interior.
Exactly what I wanted. I do want to change the front grill with something more...not so grilly if you know what I mean. Looks like I'm about to have a BBQ on it.

I’d remove all of the “extra “ body work IN Japan and swap it before shipping to the states.
I wish I did some extra services to my defender before shipping it here. Dirt cheap to service there instead of here.

Can you share your broker information. Thanks

I’d remove all of the “extra “ body work IN Japan and swap it before shipping to the states.
I wish I did some extra services to my defender before shipping it here. Dirt cheap to service there instead of here.

Can you share your broker information. Thanks
By extra body work you mean like overfender?
I'm trying to get in contact with this shop that specializes in land cruisers on this island.

As for the broker,
My father-in-law is local in Yokohama and he's close friend with the owner. The owner went on lookout on auctions in Kanagawa region or Tokyo and found what I was asking for. LC100 turbo diesel budget $20,000. From what my father-in-law told me, he doesn't bet on the vehicles remotely in different too-far region where he or his partners can't see the goods.

Thanks for the link.

Yes the over fenders, grill. Is the bumper capped?

I’ll have my close friend take a look at the site. Her father lives in Tokyo, maybe I’ll import one myself.

Thanks for the link.

Yes the over fenders, grill. Is the bumper capped?

I’ll have my close friend take a look at the site. Her father lives in Tokyo, maybe I’ll import one myself.
Of course! Good luck. There were many; just not old enough for me. My threshold on import year is 1999 since I'm most likely leaving at the end of this year.

Don't know if bumper is capped. They just won this this morning (here) about 10 hours ago. Still waiting on full invoice so I can transfer the money over.

What's wrong with the over fenders and bumper? I was thinking about keeping it. I don't like the grill for sure. I wanna look for either chrome grill with Toyota emblem or black one.

I’m not judging the body caps. Just looks “luxury modded” pretty cool though

25 years or older for the U.S . I’ll peak around there and see what I can get.

I’m not judging the body caps. Just looks “luxury modded” pretty cool though

25 years or older for the U.S . I’ll peak around there and see what I can get.
Oh OK I wanted to know if there is any functional disadvantage of body caps. 😃

Leave the flares and add bigger 285 tires and negative off set wheels. If you want to sell the flares, you can contact me!

^^^ Flares might not fit US market LC due to the lack of cladding.

Leave the flares and add bigger 285 tires and negative off set wheels. If you want to sell the flares, you can contact me!
I think I will get bigger tires...but after this current tires wear off unless there's a shop that will take a trade-in.

good job on this. These were north of $35k last spring / summer..... so great to see the prices coming down to reality again!

And, keep the AHC, it's dope.

Parts are available from local uncle T's, or any of the online retailers, Partsouq, Amiyama, Megazip, etc.

Nothing will be different from North American model, except for the steering rack, no Atrac.

good job on this. These were north of $35k last spring / summer..... so great to see the prices coming down to reality again!
Yeah. I think biggest factor is that I got it from auction with just one broker in between. No services are done on it and shipping fee to this island is still pending, so that's just auctioned body price, but I don't think the total would be more than $20,000.

I'd really love a LHD HDJ105... which is an only possible by mixing up a 2-3 100's. Perhaps the time is now (due to exchange rate) to accumulate those parts.

Yeah. I think biggest factor is that I got it from auction with just one broker in between. No services are done on it and shipping fee to this island is still pending, so that's just auctioned body price, but I don't think the total would be more than $20,000.
I could dig out my auction vs total from last spring, but I think it was around $12-14k, and then $22 once fully landed and done. So, inland shipping, ocean shipping, export taxes fees, insurance, arrival port fees, arrival taxes......it adds up pretty quick. If you are arranging it all yourself, best of luck...if not, it will cost you money, but none of the stress / risk / mistakes

Shipping is still heavily inflated, but better than last year. But, getting passage on a RORO is damn near impossible right now, wait six months or more, so incur port fees. A seacan may be an option to expedite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom