Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lash!!!

Thank you for digging out the spare driveshaft. I have a rear
Driveshaft at last.

I had 8 driveshafts coming
For $200 and Fedex lost them.

Thank you Lash.

I still need a 1976-1984 FJ40 front driveshaft please.....

Glad you could use it. I flipped my rear springs and used a mini truck front DC shaft on the rear. I have a spare for the rear, but need one for the front. Mine is already tweaked.

Changed pinion flange. Pinion was dropped on the threads at some point I guess because the threads were screwed

Fixed as best I could and hammered the nut on. Praying. Red lock tight and a cotter pin.

I then cleaned up the shaft and pressed out the old grease to get to compress and then take new grease.

Then found out the Studs out of rear of Tcase flange were 2 different size nuts.

Ugh. 2 hours for a 15 minute job

image.jpeg
Working on the body now.

This 3M metal tape is truly going to be a lifesaver on this project. I can cover every pinhole under here and even big holes prior to the patch.

I've used similar stuff with insulation in buggies and it holds great if you start with a clean surface.

Makes me consider taking to get properly under coated when I'm finished to seal it all up.

Making patches and such

View attachment 1317139 Working on the body now.

This 3M metal tape is truly going to be a lifesaver on this project. I can cover every pinhole under here and even big holes prior to the patch.

I've used similar stuff with insulation in buggies and it holds great if you start with a clean surface.

Makes me consider taking to get properly under coated when I'm finished to seal it all up.

Making patches and such

yes! undercoat. i am spraying mine as we speak.....will report later.

I cleaned that above piece up before installing by the way.

The big whopping hole on the drivers side got the underside patch and all the holes treated with metal filler.

I'll sammich in a top piece to clean up this mess and drill a drain hole next

Piece is off the back of the tranny hump to seal off a gap. Will let it rust.

image.jpeg

Then I started on the monster gap.

image.jpeg

Patch. This will take a top and a bottom.

image.jpeg

Installed

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There was one leg broken off the front of my bench seat and the one that was good met the body where the body was rotten.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I hacked off the broken leg and added a rubber bumper and added a
Steel rod to the area that was rotten.

Nice and solid. Unpainted of course.

image.jpeg

Then I got a FJ80 rear center belt installed for the passenger Seatbellt.

image.jpeg

Back to work on the 4runner @Fireman !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom