No high idle yesterday morning...what gives? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So every morning when i start the truck, it runs right up to say 1500 rpm then settles to 1200 in a few seconds. Then hangs at 1200 or so far a min or two. Yesterday, first thing in the morning it was around 70 degrees. I turned the key and it fired right up like normal but hung right at 600-800 rpm. Ran perfectly smooth, no problem at all. But what gives? Today i stared it up first thing and it did its normal high idle and slowly dropped to 600-800. Could this be a air idle controller starting to go bad?

i looked at his. I think mine is a little different. Mine only did it the one time. Which really just means that that what ever is messed up is just starting to mess up. But even that one time it started very nicely and didn't "fall on its face" like his did.

Any updates on this? I'm that other guy with chronic no high idle. ;)

No, not yet. It has not happened again. It always high idles just like it should. I guess i will have to wait until i am in your boat to try to figure it out.

You didn't answer @inkpot's question. I think I know where he is going with this but don't want to muddy the thread.

Did you park in the sun yesterday?

You didn't answer @inkpot's question. I think I know where he is going with this but don't want to muddy the thread.

Did you park in the sun yesterday?
Sorry about that. That was a good question. But no. It was about 6:10 AM before the sun came up. It has been fine ever since. Maybe just a fluke?

If it ain't broke , don't fix it.

Just start replacing s***. It's gotta be something. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom