New to the 100, 2000 toyota landcruiser!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello one and all. I've been a member of several car forums dating back 15 plus years from clublexus to nsxprime and many others. Being a working adult, I enjoy reading and gaining knowledge on all sorts of vehicles, some I've owned and others I dream of owning. My wife and I recently found out we were expecting our first child so I began to look for a nice dependable and safe vehicle for myself to have a car seat in and be comfortable all in the same. My gt500 would not cut it and neither would my back getting a small child out of the vehicle. My wife has a pathfinder so I wanted to get something I could call my own for the majority of the time.

I began checking prices on landcruisers and lx's for a bit on ebay and autotrader, and would check out one every once in a while if I had time on the private sale market. I do work at a nissan dealer, and we just so happen to took a 2000 model in on trade with some super clean service records and one owner. The truck only has 125k on it, and is super straight. Minor scuff on front bumper and the black paint is still very glossy and well manicured. The interior is super clean, the tan seats are in awesome shape, but the only downside is the 3rd row is missing. The timing belt was completed at 90k 4 years ago, manifold had a crack and was replaced last august, boots on shocks were replaced, and many other items have been went through. We still have 6 months before the child is here, but the condition of the vehicle was phenominal and the records were awesome. All the work was done at the local toyota dealership, and the high receipts show it lol.

I'm super excited to learn a bunch on this site and will post pics asap. As usual I hope my first few mods are some updated tundra wheels, a stereo upgrade, upgraded/repaired wood interior (seems to be coming apart or just old and weathered, plus can't tell if it's the stick on wood), and a wood grip stereo. the custom craft shop in tx did a wheel for me 10 years ago for my gs400 and it was awesome, so I will be having the wheel done asap. I would love to hear any suggestions and thoughts. I look forwards to learning as much as I can about the 100 lc. Thanks for the time,

Congrats on your first child! Thats awesome!
Also, congrats on the 2000 land cruiser and welcome to IH8Mud. I'm pretty new here too, but the members are awesome and so is the info.

I've been looking for a nice 100 for a while and keep missing the nice ones by a few hours it seems. I'm pretty sure your truck came from a Nissan Dealer, correct?

yes it did. I actually work there, which worked out for me this time lol. thank you for the welcome btw. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Yea, the truck looked nice. I was inquiring about it, but looks like it went quick! Let me know if you get any more down there. It was one of the closer ones to me that I could drive to come and look at. Glad it went to a good home!

Well two months ago i purchased the 2000 landcruiser. So far life has been great with it. I added 5% tint, detailed and buffed the black paint, added a back up cam and jvc navigation unit, white led interior bulbs, 20 inch tundra wheels and 2007 rear hatch landcruiser emblem. I drove the car from ky to ct and it made the trip flawlessly. Gas mileage is so so, and i get a check engine and vsc and trac lights once in a while. I will also start studying about a window motor for the front pass side, and also Any suggestions on why lights come on and go off? currently looking for 3rd row seats and will do updated steering wheel, auto shift handle and 4x4 knob sometime in the future. will post pics also

I would suggest going to one of the auto parts stores that loan a scan gauge, but wait, You work at a dealer - they have them... betting you have a coil on the way out, sometimes it causes hesitation and other times not - my #2 has gone twice and acted very differently both times. Welcome to mud, read the FAQ section first, tons of great info - warning, it will consume lots of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom