New to site and new J60 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks and I really appreciate the insight on the TIRES!!!!!! Now another question for you on the wheels. Whats your take on the 4" backspacing on the Wheel Vintiques http://www.summitracing.com/search/...Default&SortOrder=Ascending&autoview=SKU&ar=1 I really like the old school look but don't what to have to add spacers (do not want the tire hanging out). another guy on the forum said he had no problem bolting them up with no clearance issues and no spacer but I know the OEM have a backspacing of 3.625... I guess I could buy on and bolt it and see before I purchase all of them. Thoughts

The 16" jobs fit. See "Wheels that work" thread.

image.jpeg

Upgraded new headlights and blacked out my front trim as my old trim was TIRED this past weekend. I absolutely love the new Cibie Headlights. They are soooo much brighter than the sealed beams. I didn't as of yet upgrade the harness and add relays as I wanted to see what these would do first. Overall pretty satisfied.

Next up Lift/Wheels and Tires and as of last night my speedometer stopped working so hopefully just a new cable.

Here is a pic of the new front in. Gotta love the rattle cans. View attachment 1158364

Upgraded new headlights and blacked out my front trim as my old trim was TIRED this past weekend. I absolutely love the new Cibie Headlights. They are soooo much brighter than the sealed beams. I didn't as of yet upgrade the harness and add relays as I wanted to see what these would do first. Overall pretty satisfied.

Next up Lift/Wheels and Tires and as of last night my speedometer stopped working so hopefully just a new cable.

Here is a pic of the new front in. Gotta love the rattle cans.
Front Grill.JPG

Little update here since my last post. Had a OME lift installed (got from Cruiser Outfitters, Kurt is Awesome!!), added new BFG AT KO2 (235/85/16) all around on new Wheel Vintiques 12 Series Smoothie Wheels - 16x7 from Summit Racing (bolted right up!). Totally changed the look of the truck!
IMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG

Little update here on the resto project here. Stopped by the shop today to see some progress on my FJ60. Things are looking good! Right side is about done next up is the hood, then moving around to the rest of the body. Solid work here being done as any rust is being taken out and new metal being put in. The right rear quarter panel and dog leg is all new. Metal fab done on site as well as using the Wolf patch panels! My guys said he was pretty impressed with the patch panels. Estimate is around two weeks we will primer then block sand everything. Then will be ready for full paint. Need to decide on new paint color but leaning on staying with stock Silver 147 and keeping it original. Here are a couple of pics of the progress. Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel of the FJ60.
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3872.JPG

Couple comments- Seat Covers are from SOR with new front foam and they fit like a glove and well worth the month, kept all the original as it is in great condition, New Headliner by SOR as well, Carpet by DNP from here, all door panels and cargo panels by Austrian Door Company, center console by CruiserCrap - Love it!, New Head Unit from Pioneer with all new sound system that rocks. Its a joy to drive I must say and love the FJ60. Hats off to this forum and all the people on here that share and provide so much info! Great community of peeps on here! Still have to install my Roof Rack that I had Jason make for me but unfortunately at this point in time if I do I can't park it in my garage with the OldMan lift. Going to have to do some garage modifications to enable that last piece. Jason did a fab job on it and I feel bad its just sitting there waiting to be installed. Cheers all and again thanks for all the support!!!

Wow - killer work on her!! Super clean build. Surprised you haven’t tinted. Such a polarizing conversation (pun intended) :)

I know been debating that as the fish bowl has its appeal to me but may consider the slightest tiny just for the UV protection and reduced heat. Thanks!

I know been debating that as the fish bowl has its appeal to me but may consider the slightest tiny just for the UV protection and reduced heat. Thanks!

Honestly that’s my plan - super lite ceramic / 3M tint.

Super nice!! Clean and unmolested!

I've also had the Pioneer unit for about a year. like that i can have the screen folded away most of the time, bringing it up for when i need it.
Also hooked a backup camera to it.
The Android Auto is pretty neat. Now i need to hack it somehow to view gaia maps and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom