2006 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok take two, putting this in the correct forum this time.:bang:

FINALLY coming over to this side for real! Picked this one up in Colorado yesterday. 121k miles. Couldn't be happier, didn't think it would ever happen. Pretty decent shape, it looks like it's been around. Little dings here and there, all cosmetic so not a big deal. Good service records. Everything works and runs amazing smooth (comparing to my 80). We couldn't believe how it handled the long uphill grades coming down from Payson. Just did this stretch in my 80 and I slugged it out at 40 mph on some of them.

This will be my wife's so there won't be much "build" to this thread, maybe little fixes, improvements, maintenance here and there. I do plan on getting a Magnaflow muffler to give it a little more purr though. It's the nicest thing we've ever owned. The headrest DVDs were a nice bonus.

Came with almost new 265/65 Firestone Destination AT's. Maybe 8k miles on them. They ride great but I think I want something bigger. Thinking about a 305/60 as I love how they look. Will go with Nitto Terra Grapplers when that time comes. We'll see.

18.75 mpg from Gallup, NM to home in Chandler. Mostly down hill in a sense but will take it.

IMG_20140823_121407002.jpg
IMG_20140823_125735553.jpg
IMG_20140823_134100786.jpg

Little comparison. His vs. Hers

IMG_20140823_121312581.jpg
IMG_20140823_121548899_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140823_121603708.jpg

Both are lookin' good. Looks like you have a monthly gas bill similar to mine :smokin:

Any videos of the exhaust? I'm thinking of doing mine soon.

Thanks! Luckily we were able to keep the previous child transporter so I am driving the white Mazda in pic. Still take the 80 here and there, can't resist. I tried making a vid of the exhaust with my phone but it turned out crappy. I'll use our real video camera and see what I can get. Highly recommend though, it sounds great.

Congrats! Looks great.

I guess this is sort of a build thread even though not much will happen for a while, but I'll post up the little things anyway for my own sake. Posted this info in other specific threads but will add here to keep in one place as the "build" info. Getting a short vid done prompted this mostly.

A couple months ago had an 18" Magnaflow installed, resonator removed.

IMG_20140905_142737504.jpg
IMG_20140905_142902044.jpg

Took it to Camelback Toyota so @murf could take care of a few service items. Coolant flush with all new hoses, brake fluid flush, 4x4 service, rear upper control arm bushings needed replacement turned into new upper control arm assemblies, oil change since it was there. For fun items included window tint all around and torsion bar adjustment. Amazing what that does for look and feel.

Followed that up with a roadtrip to Vegas for my older sons flag football tourney yesterday and today. Love driving this thing when I get the chance.

Next items on the list are Nitto Terra Grappler 305/60s and Vaistech SL3B bluetooth interface.

IMG_20150417_170729545_HDR.jpg

I did however man up and change the in-cabin air filter all by myself. :)

IMG_20150417_171908592.jpg

its a beautiful rig that youll enjoy for years to come!

Dude, congrats, so nice!

I feel your gas bill pain, but, 18.75 mpg? That's Prius-like for our rigs...

Can't wait to hear the exhaust.

Thanks for comments all.

Dude, congrats, so nice!
I feel your gas bill pain, but, 18.75 mpg? That's Prius-like for our rigs...
Can't wait to hear the exhaust.

Thanks. Got it last August, put almost 8k miles on it so far. There is a vid for the exhaust in an earlier post, not the greatest though.

Looks great, I like that magnaflow!

Looking good, love that color on these rigs. Let me know when you pull the trigger on the 305's, I'm considering the same thing and would love to get your thoughts on fitment etc. Everything points to them looking awesome but I just worry about rubbing anywhere at all.

Looks great, I like that magnaflow!

Thanks, sounds really good. Thankfully my wife loves it just as much.

Looking good, love that color on these rigs. Let me know when you pull the trigger on the 305's, I'm considering the same thing and would love to get your thoughts on fitment etc. Everything points to them looking awesome but I just worry about rubbing anywhere at all.

Thanks, we were fortunate to find our first choice color. Will do on the tires. I'm growing more anxious to get them. I love how they look from the images I've seen. @TeCKis300 has them on his LX. I've gotten info from him as he's rolled with them for a while and they only rub slightly at full turn if I remember correctly.

Thanks, sounds really good. Thankfully my wife loves it just as much.

Thanks, we were fortunate to find our first choice color. Will do on the tires. I'm growing more anxious to get them. I love how they look from the images I've seen. @TeCKis300 has them on his LX. I've gotten info from him as he's rolled with them for a while and they only rub slightly at full turn if I remember correctly.

Yeah I've bugged him about it too. I get to full-lock fairly often driving in the city so I don't know if they'll work for me, but they do look nice and meaty on that LX, which makes it really tempting. Plus I like them being very close to accurate on the speedo as opposed to having to install that correction device for larger tires.

I'm not too concerned about the minor rubbing, especially since it is avoidable with some care. My mind is set so I'll make them work ;). It's my wife's' DD so she'll just learn.

Posted this already to the "What did you do" thread a while back so now finally adding to my "not-so-much-build" thread.

IMG_20150629_141016614.jpg

Took a day trip to the Grand Canyon yesterday. Been here for over 20 years and haven't been there yet, wife is a native and same thing. Finally enough was enough and just took off. Luckily only 4 hours away. Great to get out of the heat.

IMG_20150711_114707378.jpg

Busy place. Popular in the middle of summer.

IMG_20150711_125850988.jpg

Didn't think of taking a shot of the LX but did accidentally catch it in this one, you can see it in the background.

IMG_20150711_134321735.jpg

IMG_20150711_140748898.jpg
IMG_20150711_143904434.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom