new here and first time fj owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Axles seal weren't my problem. Problem was 90w in the knuckles which means to that A either it was an old school guy doing a service, or the P.O googled some random s***.
Didn't change anything last Friday except a really good clean and fill. No issues. So tonight I popped the passenger side, and what do you know. 90 weight.. But no bearing slop and no glimmer in the oil so I think I got safe.

Another side note a few pages back I was talking about getting my cousin wrecked "80". Well he called me and gave me a price. 1000 bucks. Of course I wouldn't turn that down even if I'm going the leaf route. I'm sure some of you guys would be more then happy to get some parts. Anyways long story short. He goes, gets some pics. First one is interior, looks odd second is the smashed in roof, something isn't right... And I quit lookin after the 3rd when I see that it is in fact a lifted Montero. Motha F*cka! So glad I didn't make a side trip Sunday on the way back

This was a fun fix to do.....
Door is straight now though!
IMG_20150504_181233760.jpg
IMG_20150505_101650946_HDR.jpg

:clap: Nice !

Well I got a little package today, monsta liner showed up for the bottom wrap.. now I gotta go grab some paint, color TBD. also don't know if im going to dull full body work before hand.

Now I have a dilemma.. 7 inch coils require the arm flip if im reading up correctly right? so if I was going to go that route, why wouldn't I just go coil overs and 3 link? found a great deal on both and the amount of work to go either route seems the same? road manners is my biggest question.

Would not 7" inch lift an 80. I wouldn't 6". Build a proper 4" and leave the COG at max. Or follow boogerwelds path. :doh:

What size of tires you wanting to run?? I'd go three link and could overs, this way you can play with ride height. Well after I cut off he schmit out of the fenders. 4d's and 3" of lift is all you need. :beer:

I'm picking up the 37's tomorrow after work. And the coilovers are to be determined. 14" sway always tho! I thinknthe hoops will be poking out of the hood? Then I don't have to hood vent right?? Lol

and its all getting closer to being put in. I couldn't lift with out tires, cant tires without lift, or gears.

Well out of town tire buying is never a good idea, so I settles for these because 17's are the new 15's. Don't know how I feel about the blingstars though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom