New Fox Prototypes for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! Thanks for sticking with this. :cheers:

I was in the area and visited DS last Wed. Marco helped me out with the required measurements because my jack at home just won't do the job. I ended up purchasing the setup from Downsouth that same day. They arrived Friday so I decided to install that evening.

1338017758326.jpg

Ran Cleghorn Sunday and noticed that at full stuff my tire was rubbing the resi on both driver and passenger front. Drive side was worse,one clamp ripped off and needed zip ties to continue on. Need to rethink where to mount them.

IMG_20120527_180222.jpg

Props to DS, great service!

Well guy's after much waiting and anticipation the day has finally come that Down South is ready to take orders on the fox shock. The gentleman I have been working with is Neil, he is great to work with and I am sure anyone that orders from him will be happy. Below is the Email from Neil.

"You can let the people who are ready to order to call me at the shop toll free 888-973-6967 and ask for me, if I happen to be busy or out of the shop they can leave a name and number and I will get back as soon as I can. I am in the shop 7:30-4:00 Mon-Fri. You can always give them my email if they prefer that way or have any questions before ordering.

The one other thing I will ask from them to have before they call to order will be an extended length from mount to mount for both front/rear. Sometimes the different lift manufacturers vary in the length shock they use so just make sure we try and get the closest shock available for their vehicle. The stem/loop reservoir shocks will be $187.00 each up to 12" and the stem/stem reservoir shocks will be $227.00 each up to 12"."

Name: Neil
Phone: 888-973-6967
Email: neil@downsouthmotorsports.com

Thanks Everyone for being understanding, I know it has take more time than we all would have liked but in the end I think everyone will be happy with the outcome.

Jeff

P.S Please have all your info ready to go before ordering, it will make things easier on their end.
the more info they have about your particular truck will only benefit you in the end.

Last edited:
I was in the area and visited DS last Wed. Marco helped me out with the required measurements because my jack at home just won't do the job. I ended up purchasing the setup from Downsouth that same day. They arrived Friday so I decided to install that evening.

1338017758326.jpg

Ran Cleghorn Sunday and noticed that at full stuff my tire was rubbing the resi on both driver and passenger front. Drive side was worse,one clamp ripped off and needed zip ties to continue on. Need to rethink where to mount them.

IMG_20120527_180222.jpg

PLEASE POST SOME MORE PHOTOS!!!! Any more opinion on ride? Did you install the optional compression adjusters? Thanks man. GF

Thank's again, Jeff, for staying with this and arranging this group order. Great job!

It took me awhile to nail down what I would need. I placed my order w Neil on Fri and looking for the shocks today. Here is what I did:

I chose the Ford F-250 truck version but with an 8” long reservoir swapped in. This did cost more but after talking w one my Cruiser friends here in the Bay Area and decided it was best to match the compressed length of the OME L shock and my measurements. The 12” version and Jeep flavor were just going to eat up too much of the suspension travel due to the long compressed length. But, had to give up on the CD Adjustors – just could not afford it! Would have been another ~$400 to the order that I did not have.

Really looking forward to installing them! Here is my collection of measurements - hope they help. For reference, our 80 has/had

FRONT: OME 850 springs + 1.5in Spacer with OME N73L Shocks

REAR: OME 864 springs + 20mm of packers with OME N74L Shocks

Suspension Travel Measurements - Screenshot.jpg

Got my new rear's on Friday. No time to put them in yet though :( They are the standard 2.0 remote res. 10" stem top bushing bottom. Just a hair longer than the standard OME's so shouldn't need any bump drops. Also had the front's re-valved to match the rears. Hopefully they'll work super sweet. Have to figure out where to mount the resi's though.

Thanks for organizing!

IMG_0175.JPG

Last edited:
I just received a box full of awesome!

image-1705945108.jpg

Now I just need to find a free weekend to get my lift installed.

Jeff- thanks for all the time you've put into this!

image-1705945108.jpg

NorCal Cruiser said:
I just received a box full of awesome!

Now I just need to find a free weekend to get my lift installed.

Jeff- thanks for all the time you've put into this!

NorCal , congrats in the new awesomeness. Post up some pics when you have it installed.

Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciated.

Where did you end up mounting your reservoirs? I just got mine on and with the steering turned to full lock on flat ground the tire is close to the reservoir- at full stuff I'm sure they will rub. Here's a crappy cell phone pic- I mounted the reservoir on the back side of the shock pretty much parallel to the inside face of the tire when the tire is straight. I wanted to rotate the reservoir back more but the hose would be touching the shock mount. Any tips would be appreciated.

attachment.php

After I almost lost a resi I turned them towards the shock mount. Rotated mine back as far as they could go and noticed the hose rubbing the mount. I protected the hose with some fuel line. Slit down the middle, wrapped the hose where it was rubbing (both sides) and secured with small zip ties. I had to do this to my AC line on my FJC. I ran a moderate trail since then where I tested flex and stuffed the tires pretty good. Resi on both sides survived. I was thinking of somehow mounting in the engine compartment as a permanent solution.

Bringing this one back up, have any of you guys gotten the steering stabilizer? Thinking about a replacement and was wondering if this was still an option. Thanks

The last time I talked to the guys at Down South they said Fox doesn't have a steering stabilizer that will work for 80s. I ended up just getting an OME.

Let me check with down south , I talked to fox and they do not make one for us but said the jeep JK one works. That is the one I had in my rig and was by far way better than OME. Give me a few days to make some calls.

Let me check with down south , I talked to fox and they do not make one for us but said the jeep JK one works. That is the one I had in my rig and was by far way better than OME. Give me a few days to make some calls.

Interested as well.

Fox is being a PITA!! can someone get me the extended and collapsed length on the cruiser for the steering?

If i remember correctly the shock travel was an 8.3 inch but FOX wants me to confirm it.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom