Need Accomodation in NOLA - February no less (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need Accomodation in NOLA - February no less

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, my :princess: and our travel buddies have booked a Caribbean cruise for us that departs from NOLA. The cruise goes from Feb 9 - 16. We have booked flights and get there on the 5th.

It turns out that accomodations are not that easy to get in the first week of February. Apparently there is a party of somekind going on and most of the rooms are booked.

We have RCI points and can't use them because all the blocked accom is gone already.

Does anyone know of a B&B in the downtown, or close to the downtown that could accomodate 2 couples? Maybe a secret web site that has local accom?

On a long shot, does anyone here have a place for rent for 4 nights, Feb 5 -8.

We are quite prepared to pay something reasonable, but poor planning :bang: has landed us in NOLA a week before Mardi Gras and those rooms that are available are outragously priced.

Any other ideas would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Your best bet would be the Northshore/covigton area or finding one near lakeside, lakefront, Kenner Metairie. Anything downtown is booked of PRICY. I wish I could help as far as a place to stay... Some of the Nola locals might know of an inside track.

I'm guessing that the OP probably wants something walkable as far as the city is concerned. taking cabs back and forth from Kenner or Metairie during Mardi Gras will end up costing him the money he would save if he just sprang for the expensive hotel room and getting a cab during MG sucks almost as much as trying to park a car during Mardi Gras, especially if you need to go outside of the downtown areas. I will check around to see if I know anyone who has anything available but I would guess even if they do they will probably be charging a premium rate. Halloween, Super Bowl, Jazz Fest, and Mardi Gras are when property owners make a ton of money renting out there condos and appartments so trying to find somone who is charging regular pricing is going to be difficult and almost certainly booked. I will post up if I find anything.

Sent you name, number, and email for a potential place for you guys to stay. I'm in construction and I have done some work there for them. Good people all around They said for you to contact them, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom