Navigation generations interchangeability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

or if gen 4 is only available fro example from a salvage yard to replace an older unit damaged or stolen.

Hey, is there any way to add a rear camera functionality to a '03 LC/LX? I presume it can't be done w/ the Gen3 nav since it's missing one of those molex plugs, right? Can it be done w/ a gen4 unit? Is there any way to get the gen4 interface/screen layout in a 03 short of swapping to a gen4 nav unit? (I guess it makes no sense to swap in a gen4 dvd into the gen3 unit...probably wouldn't work?)

Yes you can. Not the cheapest or easiest mod to perform, but it is possible. I have it in my 2002 with factory nav.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/90168-dvd-playing-while-moving-success.html#post5005034

Anyone know if I can replace an '05 (Gen4) navigation with the 2007 version's navigation?

Also, is the 2007 lx/lc a gen 4 or gen 5? I know for vaistech the interface and capabilities on the 2007 version are way better than on the older model(s) so I assumed 2007 had the Gen 5, however I have seen other postings (What Generation Navigation Is In My Lexus? - Lexus Owners Club (USA & Canada)) that say 2007 is still gen 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom