my new ride, almost done! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got these photos from MAF last week. They are working on my 60. There are still two semi custom bumpers being built for it. This shows the before and after of the OME lift with extended shackels:
whitefj60 before1.jpg
whitefj60after.jpg

beautiful truck. looks shiny.

Looks good.

What size tires, lift, etc. Give us some specs.

Andrew

The lift is the med/heavy OME which is about 2 1/2 inches the extened shackles give about another inch. The tires are BFG MT 33x10.5 with rock crawler rims. The bumpers are both 4 +plus. I didn't want the tire on the back of the vehicle, as it makes getting into the back tough in Alaska ( one more thing to break ice off of). The front is custom with a lower brush guard than a ARB but still very heavily built.
The cruiser has 67,000 orignal miles on it and as garage kept in Arizona since new. I am sure all the shine will be gone when it is sitting in my dirty drive way in Alaska but for now it looks like new.

I will post more photos and a complete mod list as soon as the rest if done........

Nice rig, Did TLC consider or try to sell you on re-gearing? Just curious if it was even brought up during the build.

last, are 'ROCK CRAWLER" rims a brand name?

no TLC was not involved with this. It is at MAF. We discussed regearing but for what I am using this thing for, they felt is was not necessary. I never do any rock crawing. It will be used on trails, unpaved roads and our normal roads which are like trails as they are full of pot holes, ruts and caters and in the winter I will be driving on packed snow and ice. I did consider upgarding the brakes to some heavier ones but for now, I am planning on running like it is and see how it goes. Hopefully it will be okay. This thing is worst than a boat, there are a million options and it all costs a s***load of money.
Fortunaly there is a guy about 140 miles from where I am who is one of the guys on here that knows all about land cruisers so at least when I screw up any future modifications, he can make it right for me.

I recognize that truck. I dropped mine off a few weeks back and there four white wagons before I left my white wagon. Your rig was the cleanest but looked stock....for my money it's much nicer now. Enjoy.

How did you find it?

jgordon said:
How did you find it?

What I did was started here. I looked over all the posts on this forum, decided that this style would be the easiest to keep running in Alaska. I look for a couple of weeks in the for sale posts here and also on E Bay, which looks to me to be a tough way to go. Then I started with Craig's List, and on the classifieds on MAF, Spector, the same places you are looking I am sure.... I looked at the Southwest and California and waited for a rust free, low milage 60 to come up. I found this one and the guy was an old retired dude and had obvously been very careful about keeping every record on the thing. He had the original window sticker, the japanese invoice, every oil chance, repair and reciept. That all made me think this is the one. I flew to Phoenix, drove it to Simi Valley and that's it. The biggest problem is that is it 2500 dollars to get a truck like this from Ca to Alaska, unless I drive it, which I have no time to do right now. Oh well, shipping costs are part of the expense of living here.

OOPS My bad, clearly you said MAF. sorry, Thanks for the input.

What about those rims? I guess it is a dumbass question, but, is Rock Crawler a brand name or type of wheel?

Jack -
You could probably bribe one of the CA mudders to drive it to AK & fly home for less than $2500. Sounds like a fishing trip.

Tinker said:
Jack -
You could probably bribe one of the CA mudders to drive it to AK & fly home for less than $2500. Sounds like a fishing trip.

I own a charter fishing service in Seward, I am sure there is someone on here that would like to take the road trip and do a little fishing in Alaska too.
www.crackerjackcharters.com

Very nice rig, post up some picture of the bumpers as well. I like the before and after shots.

looks good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom