my new buggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

doesn't make any sense why it only does it with the 3cell and not the 2cell?

been trying to call Novak but their customer service lines suck! Open 9:00-10:00 and then 1:00-2:00 PST!!! WTF!

a little more research has me scratching my head a little as i still have not been able to talk to Novak tech.

Reading on the web page they go into how the Goat 3s is the perfect setup for the losi worm drive, blah, blah..... then at the end it says if running the 3cell lipo it is necessary to run the BEC!

What get's me is in the instructions that come with the unit it shows three set-ups and the set-up for the losi brushless system says NOT to use the BEC. It also says that the ESC will auto detect either 2 or 3 cell lipo. So i have never run the BEC.

Now this tech article on the web page states at the bottom when running the 3 cell you need to run the BEC! WTF!?

EDIT: Ok, finally talked to Novak and they said yes, when using the Goat 3s brushless system and running a 3cell lipo you must also run the external BEC. So that's my problem. IF just running 2cell lipo you are fine without the BEC.... "i told them isn't that the point of the "3s" system is to be able to run either? And don't you think that the ESC should handle it without the extra gadgets!!!"

Kind of pisses me off since i have all my hardware tucked nice and tight and clean and now i gotta take it apart and solder some s***!

Last edited:
just to keep my thread going with my junk...

I was having an issue with the dig not digging and the tranny slipping. Found out i sheared the arm off the dig servo. A little JB weld and it's better than new!

So onto the slipping transmission. Found out there is a slipper clutch and the adjustment nut for the slipper clutch sticks out the front of the transmission housing. I found this out after taking the whole damn thing apart! :bang:

Anyways, what i have read, and what i did, was to tighten that slipper clutch adjustment nut as tight as i could to stop it slipping. So far so good.

not sure about crawlers but on my Short course truck it says not to tighten the slipper clutch all the way tight. Mine says the tightest you should go is 1/2 turn out from having the spring fully compressed. but again different kind of RC so I don't know.

had a little fun with it today in the snow. The 3S lipo makes it fun. The 2S was too slow. :grinpimp:
snow pics 061 (Medium).jpg
snow pics 062 (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom