My gen2 4rnr gets Volvo portals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i would love to see some more pictures of your rig, when do you plan on putting the swampers on it?

You can see some earlier pics under 79-95 4runner and trucks thread here on ih8mud (https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyo...-bad-91-runner-39-5s-should-have-got-42s.html). Its now two weeks till I can continue, but then I have about a week to get it tested and finished before I go to Finland for 5 days of heavy wheeling.

The swampers will be mounted as soon as it is finished. ;p

Last edited:
attachment.php

just a teaser pic, still out of time... just another 10 days now...

that thing is hot. throw her on a boat and come wheel here in Cali.

those axle bolts will see a lot of crazy forces-always torqing for and aft with acceleration. I doubt they will break but they may loosen. perhaps you could weld the heads of the bolt to the axle plate to offer some more stabilty in place of the ubolt??? probably will work just fine as it sits. ive never seen it done like that but im sure you will know if its loose or not after a couple runs.

Last edited:
that thing is hot. throw her on a boat and come wheel here in Cali.

those axle bolts will see a lot of crazy forces-always torqing for and aft with acceleration. I doubt they will break but they may loosen. perhaps you could weld the heads of the bolt to the axle plate to offer some more stabilty in place of the ubolt??? probably will work just fine as it sits. ive never seen it done like that but im sure you will know if its loose or not after a couple runs.

I was planning to weld the heads, but mostly because I thought there was no room for a spanner. But that worked out, I will pay attention to everything after this swap is done and the truck is tested.

I just ordered some stuff from Dave, and hopefully he will ship it today so I get it within a couple of weeks. Its a long way to Norway...

I would have loved to bring my truck over, might check the prices someday and do it. Would have been to sell it stateside after wards, if there is a market for it.

I am thinking of getting the trail-gear 3-link kits after the front kit is available and adapt the mounts to my portals.

Got an electric vacuum pump on the way from Singapore, so I get a separate vacuum system for the lockers.

Thanks for the feedback though, and invite!!! :cheers:

I was planning to weld the heads, but mostly because I thought there was no room for a spanner. But that worked out, I will pay attention to everything after this swap is done and the truck is tested.

Don't weld the heads because it will suck all the more when they break on the trail...

Don't weld the heads because it will suck all the more when they break on the trail...

That dont matter, cant get them out or new ones in anyhow...

This is a lengthening shaft for the original drag link, unable to make a complete new one due to the design of the original... :rolleyes: I will take a picture of it next time I bring my cam.
attachment.php

The rear drive shaft is shortened and balanced. Ready to bolt on. So I guess its ready for me to assemble soon...

Tires are ready to get the beadlocks mounted, just need to get me some bolts!
attachment.php

That thing will look wild with those tires on the portal axles !!

Go ahead and bring it to the US someday soon. :bounce::bounce2:
We will probably be standing in line to buy it from you.....or standing in line wishing we could.:crybaby:

nice work.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom