My 2011 Tundra Crewmax with RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwwfj60

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Ok finished my tent rack so I thought I'd share, my Tundra is a 2011 crewmax with icon lift, total chaos upper control arms, rear air bags, custom built bumpers, steps, bed rack with cross bars for kayak, on board air, and the arb kakadu tent (warm weather), first trip to the beach this past weekend to try out the tent and it worked great, the rack is just tall enough so you can crawl around in the bed and the height ended up perfect to where I didn't need the stupid ladder extension. Anyways the Tundra is a beast off-road, the beach is most of my wheeling, but down here in south Texas there is 65 miles of beach and it's one way in so if you venture to the end you have to turn around and go back, which leads to my only complaint about the Tundra, mileage/range. With the tires and rack I am getting about 12-13 mpg and with the small tank it gets around 200-250 miles to a tank, transfer flow replacement is next on my list of upgrades. Anyways I love my Tundra, it tows great (with the air bags) it drives nicely around town, and it provides a alternative to my slowly degrading FJ60. Now that I have this rigged up properly I will be dedicating my idle time to my FJ60 to get it back to it's glory days!

DSCN2062.JPG
DSCN2067.JPG
DSCN2080.JPG
DSCN2078.JPG

Very nice!

I hear ya on the fuel tank capacity. Too small. I have a '14 and same complaint.

If I have my info correct, the '16 Tundras have larger fuel tanks. I wonder if a guy could fit a new tank to one of our older Tundras.

yes I recently worked on a 2016 trd pro and stock was getting 18 mpg and 350 or so to a 36 gallon tank, much better range. mine is 26 I think, but transfer flow makes the 46 gallon tank for about $1000, I think for the extra 10 gallons its worth it, but that's just me. Maybe when the wrecking yards start getting some 2014-16 trucks in that would be a worthwhile venture.

You got any pics of the air bag setup. Maybe compressor mount location or in-can control mount location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom