My 07 Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
New to this particular forum. Figured I'd start with a pic of my 07 Sequoia 4x4.
Couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

Cheers,
Thriller

image.jpg
image.jpg

Very nice. Looks great!

The Big Tree is a nice rig. The lifted ones I've seen are really cool.

Looking good.

What size tires & lift are you running?

Are you using spacers to push the wheels out a little?

Thanks I just bought an 07 SR5 4wd and am coming from a Tahoe with 285s. The 265s that came with it are garbage.

Thanks.

Stoute,

I went with adjustible Bilstein 5100 struts. Set them to the second ring from the bottom for a .65" front lift. My goal all along was to keep it looking fairly stock with a modest lift.

With the 5100's, my rake is now slightly under .75"...in other words, my rear now sits a little over half an inch or so higher higher than the front. This was exactly what I was looking for since my factory take was 1.5 inches.

In my experience with 1st gen Sequoia's, if you get them exactly level, they have an elusion of being nose high...so a very slight rake is best In my opinion.

As for wheel spacers...none needed. Kept her completely stock in that department. 275 70R17's are what I went with.

I had very minimal rubbing at full turn on my front mud guards...just a little dremel tool trimming on the plastic mud guard is all it took. I wanted to keep the mudguards on.

If you are looking for a modest lift and nothing too crazy...this is by far the way to go.

With the front level and the new BFG's, she now stands about 2.5 inches taller than she did stock.

Thriller

I literally just bought my SR5 last night. I've got my eyes on the Gobi Stealth roof rack and now the 5100s. Thanks for the info.

did you reuse the stock springs or get new ones? I've seen a lot of people use the toytec lifts.

Stoute,

I went with adjustible Bilstein 5100 struts. Set them to the second ring from the bottom for a .65" front lift. My goal all along was to keep it looking fairly stock with a modest lift.

With the 5100's, my rake is now slightly under .75"...in other words, my rear now sits a little over half an inch or so higher higher than the front. This was exactly what I was looking for since my factory take was 1.5 inches.

In my experience with 1st gen Sequoia's, if you get them exactly level, they have an elusion of being nose high...so a very slight rake is best In my opinion.

As for wheel spacers...none needed. Kept her completely stock in that department. 275 70R17's are what I went with.

I had very minimal rubbing at full turn on my front mud guards...just a little dremel tool trimming on the plastic mud guard is all it took. I wanted to keep the mudguards on.

If you are looking for a modest lift and nothing too crazy...this is by far the way to go.

With the front level and the new BFG's, she now stands about 2.5 inches taller than she did stock.

Thriller

Welcome to the site, and nice looking Gen 1. Have you been pleased with the BFGs? I'm currently running the Nittos but considered next round maybe trying the K02s... I'm running 285/70/17..

Good looking rig! I'm starting to look for one myself. Used to have a 2WD and loved it, but now we need a family camping rig and the big tree checks all the right boxes (sans aftermarket support). 05-07 4wd in any color but black (south Texas gets entirely too hot for black cars in the summer), good maintenance and preferably bald tire so I can go shopping with the wifes permission to get decent AT's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom