MT Question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am getting ready to order a Black MT with the conv. package only. I am under the impression that the MT comes standard with the rear locking diff. Is that correct? The dealer did not know and any help will be appreciated.

Yes. If you get the manual 6 speed, it comes with the rear electric locker. If you get the auto, it's an option.

What does "MT" stand for? Try going to the Toyota website, it has a feature to build your Fj. THat should tell you everything that is included in the convience package. Hope that helps.

MT = manual transmission.;)

Yes. If you get the manual 6 speed, it comes with the rear electric locker. If you get the auto, it's an option.

Thanks Ryan. Does that also mean that I can order the A-Trac switch, install it and have both. I noticed in your sig that you had already performed that mod.

What does "MT" stand for? Try going to the Toyota website, it has a feature to build your Fj. THat should tell you everything that is included in the convience package. Hope that helps.

The Toyota web site does not state specifically whether the rear locker is a standard with the MT, or should I state more specifically that I could not find it.

Yes. I got the 6 speed manual, and I also did the A-Trac. I also got them to work together. They won't work together from the factory.
On a side note, the 2wd 6 speed may not come with the locker.....but why would some one buy a 2wd?:D

Yes. I got the 6 speed manual, and I also did the A-Trac. I also got them to work together. They won't work together from the factory.
On a side note, the 2wd 6 speed may not come with the locker.....but why would some one buy a 2wd?:D

2WD is auto only;)

I've got a girlfriend ordered an FJC 2WD. I tried to talk her into the 4WD based on the slight $ difference and resale value, but....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom