MotorCar Gathering 2016 Lake Cowichan Raceway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I went to the MotorCar Gathering in Lake Cowichan at the fancy new racetrack.
There were 600 cars, it was epic! Vancouver Island Motor Gathering & Classic Car Show
The big car is a 1934 Packard V12 owned by a very dear friend of mine. He owns 3 Land Cruisers too. I felt like a big kid riding in the back of that car having a coffee, being comforted!! This pic was at 8 am we were one of the first arrivals, as you can see no other cars yet.

But get this, 600 cars..........NOT ONE FxxxING TOYOTA on the whole circuit, let alone a Land Cruiser. Next year gentlemen, we had better
do something about this glaring omission. Un-freaking believable!!!
Anyhow, it was sure a heck of a lot of fun by the time I left I was pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing. Who would have thought there was this kind of iron on this island, yes there was a Maclaren and more than a few Ferrari's, Jaguars, Mercedes etc, as well.

IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG

Last edited:
very cool, I had no idea this was happening!

Yeah, the multi-millionaires somehow snuck this track into the Cowichan Valley. Sort of like that thing in
Oliver/Osoyoos. Literally $50,000 annual membership fees so the rich can drive their expensive toys.
It's going to be an annual thing. Impressive display of cars, but not a crowd friendly venue as far as parking
goes. Ask PeeZed how far he had to walk.

They are applying for a extension of 5.7 km to the existing course now that they are in. It's gonna get Loud!!
Glad I live a long way away.

I'll bring my Toyota GT2000 next year....:lol:

Seriously though, I can hear that race track from my Grandma's place on Westcott Rd!! Lots of people not happy about it.

Toyota_2000GT.jpg

Bagwin bring out the long wheel base?;)

First pic. I rode in the back and had a coffee. Life of royalty. :)
I've never ridden in a car with a V12, and it was the quietest car I have ever
ridden in. I would bet an elec car would be hard pressed to be quieter.

August 27, 2017 (Sunday). They are planning on it being bigger and better according to their update on FB today. Not sure if I'd be able to make it because that will be during a camp week, but knowing this far in advance might help to book it off (and leave my assistant scrambling).

Let's get a group of unique cruisers together and represent!

They raised over $150,000 towards two recipient foundations...not bad for one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom