Meeting January 14, 2016 Happy New Year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN club meeting:
Meeting One 2016 Reno

Date: Thurs. January 14th Thursday 2016. Happy New Year:cheers:

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 185 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Reno

Agenda

1. Club run
2. Land Use issues.
3. Accounting report.
4. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business.
5. Tech discussions:wrench:

New and Continued Business:

1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
2. Club shirts are for sale. Let us know size and quantity and we plan on making a run of shirts/sweatshirts
3. If anyone needs help with a repair let us know.
This is an open invitation.

Still attempting to get the cruiser running.. Looks like the ICS on the carb is bad or not grounding. Going to try and jump it via the Green Wire mod and see if that works. If not then I will have to order one from cool cruisers unless someone has a good working spare laying around? Other than that, which wont let the truck idle, she fired right up after getting everything back together and seems to run better. Was able to fix a couple nagging things, like J-pipe block off broken bolt, while I was waiting for the head and manifold to be finished.

Guys at A Plus Machine were awesome, kept me informed and turned it around in less than a week and that was waiting on the fact that they had to farm out the exhaust manifold because they didn't know how to properly do it. They magged, cleaned, new seats, R&R'd all valves, decked block surface and manifold surface and had the manifold done all for $400 even. Literally dropped it off last Monday afternoon and got the call it was done on Thursday morning.

Won't be there... ICS on the 60 carb is dead as a doornail so waiting on getting one from CCOT. Hopefully they will be quick with the shipping but planning that it wont be here till Wednesday next week because of the holiday... BOOO

Greg,Glad your head work turned out positive. Not sure what would cause the carb to crap out like that:bang:. Nice to meet you Schetelle-hope you can make a run with us sometime. First we need to get one planned:idea:. Yeah Rusty it was your birthday-Happy Happy Bitrhday to you. We were already to sing to you.:eek:

Yeah glad everything is back together and running again. ICS was a weird situation, only thing I can think of is that the wires on the back of it were brittle/old enough that when I took it off to dip the carb it just busted wires inside the ICS body. Ground from the Emission Controller was no good too so I ended up having to permanently ground the new one to the carb body.

Now to fix a few things, got one leaking water pump hose and apparently there is a right and wrong direction for the exhaust manifold gasket. I apparently did the later to manifold has to come off so I can flip gasket around (NOTE: on 2F there is a F<---- mark on the gasket :bang:)

Friday is going to be some more :wrench::wrench::wrench:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom