Mechanic recco near San Bernardino CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1997 Land Cruiser with recently discovered blown head gasket at 225,000 miles. Still runs just fine, and no overheating (yet), but had my shop locally test and found gasket blown at cylinder #1 after engine was running rough and check engine light came on. They do good work, but $120/hr shop rate makes me want to look elsewhere!

I'm having it shipped from Northern California to the San Bernardino CA area tomorrow, and hoping to find a good and reasonable Land Cruiser guru to make the repairs. Already replaced the radiator, water pump and some hoses, not pesky heater hose yet, but still guessing it will be in the $1,500+ neighborhood to repair, not including anything else found needing replacing.

Any thoughts on if I should also have the head/valves redone at same time? Hoping head not warped - it never overheated or even showed signs of overheating. I stopped driving it once I found out about the blown HG.

Sorry if some of this is already asked and answered - Really I just want to know if anyone has a good recommendation for a LC mechanic in the San Bernardino, CA area?

Thanks!

1997 Land Cruiser with recently discovered blown head gasket at 225,000 miles. Still runs just fine, and no overheating (yet), but had my shop locally test and found gasket blown at cylinder #1 after engine was running rough and check engine light came on. They do good work, but $120/hr shop rate makes me want to look elsewhere!

I'm having it shipped from Northern California to the San Bernardino CA area tomorrow, and hoping to find a good and reasonable Land Cruiser guru to make the repairs. Already replaced the radiator, water pump and some hoses, not pesky heater hose yet, but still guessing it will be in the $1,500+ neighborhood to repair, not including anything else found needing replacing.

Any thoughts on if I should also have the head/valves redone at same time? Hoping head not warped - it never overheated or even showed signs of overheating. I stopped driving it once I found out about the blown HG.

Sorry if some of this is already asked and answered - Really I just want to know if anyone has a good recommendation for a LC mechanic in the San Bernardino, CA area?

Thanks!

Did you ever find a Mechanic in San Berdo??

Did you ever find a Mechanic in San Berdo??
Not super local, but not terribly far away. Miyaki Motorsports (Ryan) knows 80 Series very well and his prices are very reasonable. There’s also YotaMasters, but my guess is that’s a waitlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom