Builds Max Powerzz gets Max Power, or Watch Me Pull a Rabbit out of my Hat! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chinese knock off? We bought both of those Walbro pumps from summit racing. I bet they got a better price from ding mow and got free buffet too. Glad to hear the 62 pump still working strong. Bought a 1973 factory soft top last month.

I didn't mean to say you bought Chinese knock-offs, but Walbro said Chinese companies have been copying their pumps: markings, serial numbers, and all, and selling them as Walbro pumps without retailers knowing. They told me there were Chinese knock-offs being sold as the original real-deal without retailers knowing and suggested that might be what happened to us.

We'll definitely be at Cruise Moab this year, are you going to make it? How is NM?

I didn't mean to say you bought Chinese knock-offs, but Walbro said Chinese companies have been copying their pumps: markings, serial numbers, and all, and selling them as Walbro pumps without retailers knowing. They told me there were Chinese knock-offs being sold as the original real-deal without retailers knowing and suggested that might be what happened to us.

We'll definitely be at Cruise Moab this year, are you going to make it? How is NM?
I wasn't saying that I bought the Chinese knock off. ... what I was saying was, summit racing sold us Chinese knock off. Not sure if I'll make it to moab. Still trying to make it work. Taos is great! I love it here!! Artisan town for sure! I'm hoping to make it to moab. How's bull Winkle doing?

Bullwinkle is doing great! I need to lay off the skinny pedal, the 62 is so fun to drive. We just got back from Capitol Reef where the speed limit is 80 and the cruiser handled great. Heading down staying at the speed limit we got 18mpg, heading back up the mountains we averaged about 13 mpg. I'm sure if I took off the roof rack, bumpers, and went with smaller tires I could get much better mileage...not to mention going 10mph slower, but it's too much fun :)

An update on Bullwinkle, she's still going strong. Alaska60 did an awesome job on the conversion, and we spec'd it for Utah emissions. We moved to Denver last year and their emissions place told me they are second in strictness only to Kalifornia. In Utah it only had to meet 1988 emissions, the original year of the Cruiser; in Denver, the conversion has to meet the emissions standards of the new engine, so it had to meet 2005 emissions standards. To make it legit in Denver she had to go back under the knife for 6 months, getting a fuel pressure sensor, 2 more powered O2 sensors, it had to have a new matching-year computer, exhaust rerouted, new cats, new fuel pump, and too much else. I should have just left it registered in Utah. But Bullwinkle is going strong again and enjoying exploring the other side of the Rockies.

If anyone's looking to do a conversion and you don't have all the know-how or time yourself, Alaska60 and Uglyoinker are the maestros.

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Cruisers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom